General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

They dont want you to know 2.3 oil pan leaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Default They dont want you to know 2.3 oil pan leaks

I am a Mazda Mtech and would just like to bring up a couple issues with vehicles i think the owners should know about this will be my first item to address with your mazda vehicles.This issue is for2.3 engines mazda 3, mazda6, cx 7 and all speed vehicles and non speed vehicles. This is a large issue which i would estimate that 1 in 3 vehicles apply. I have been notified that i am no longer allowed to fix this problem and have been told not to mark this issue in red status on your full inspection sheet. Oil pan leaks on all 2.3 engines listed above please inspect your vehicle and bring it to your dealers attention as they will lie and sweep the issue under the rug. I get paid 3.7 - 4.6 hours to repair these oil leaks a costly repair in Mazda's pocket book i have been told that if i see a oil pan leak to clean it with brake cleaner and mark oil leaks as green on your inspection sheet. Only vehicles with a customer complaint will be addressed. As a Mazda Mtech i feal as if you are not getting the truth on many issues related to your vehicle and i will keep posting new problems and issues that i feal mazda is "sweeping under the rug" so keep an eye out as i will be letting you know what i know. Thanks ~MtechTellsTruth~

Old 03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Default RE: They dont want you to know 2.3 oil pan leaks

Maybe the dealer you work at works that way, but I don't think smearing the name of Mazda as a whole is a great way to go about your complaint. How about letting us in on which dealer you work for? Or at least the area?

I had great luck with my dealer with regards to service work. They even worked on my car under warranty with installed Eibach prokit springs, Mazdaspeed Camberlinks, aftermarket wheels/tires, etc.

Also....it's "feel" not "feal"