General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Please help oil pressure light/engine smoke

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Default Please help oil pressure light/engine smoke

hi ive been trying to solve this problem for weeks with no sign of getting it right..
i have a 04 mazda 6 (6 cylinder) after driving my car for around 10-15 minutes when my car is idle at a stop my oil pressure light will come on and there will be smoke comming from the engine not to the extent of a over heated engine but very noticable.. (car doesnt overheat). once i accelerate the oil light will go off and the smoke will subside idk just from the wind or it actually stops... anyways i had a problem with my fans not comming on in which i replaced the module which fixed it to where 1 fan only comes on when i have the ac on.. I also realized my pvc hose sucks shut when i turn the car on which i put a socket in the hose to keep it from squeezing shut which also did not help.. sorry if this is confusing.

1-oil pressure light
2- light smoke from engine when stopped
3- not overheating
4- replaced fan module only 1 fan working with ac (always on)
5- pvc hose sucked shut (forced open)

please help thank you

Old 06-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

It certainly sounds like there is internal pressure being built up inside the crank case. And I saw another post that stated you were having trouble with the PCV system as well. Perhaps its time to look into that and replace the parts necessary.
That said, IIRC your V6 is of a Ford design. There are others here that will know better than I about that, but you might find additional information on some of the Ford sites as well?

Old 06-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Banned

Definitely replace the PCV valve and associated hoses with them as they weaken over time (especially pre 06).
The oil pressure warning could be blockage, sludge. Minimum it's time for oil change and new oil filter. Putting in a thin oil solvent cleaner before oil change may be an option, but be leary as it may free up and/or clog passages.
Me thinks you need to remove oil pan and clean sludge, checking oil pump.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:56 PM

thanks guys after looking around a lot i saw a guy post a problem almost exact as mine and he replaced the pcv valve and hose and it fixed it... ill definatly call up napa tommorow to see if they have the parts