General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New to the Site need HELP on Mazda 6 Idle wont stay

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Default New to the Site need HELP on Mazda 6 Idle wont stay

Hi, my name is Isaac and im new to the site I just got a 03 Mazda 6 and Im having problems w/ it.

Model:Mazda 6
Duration Owned:3 years
Mileage: 60,000
Fuel Octane Used:was 83 now 87
Problem:Idle wont stay

The Idle is not staying at 700rpms like it suppost to it goes up and down and sometimes turns off.... I thaught that it might be the spark plugs so I changed them but when I was taking them out I found oil on the tip wich I didn't think it was a good sign so I replace them w/ some double platimum spark plugs from AutoZone and it fixed itself for about a day and then it started to do the same thing but there is no more oil on the spark plugs..... I really don't know much about Mazdas so I don't know what could be wrong w/ it they told me it might be the ignition wire but i don't think so they have also told me it might be the throatle body or the air flow meter I don't know. We put one of those cheep comuters on it and all it said was that it was misfireing so if any one can help me I'll apreciate it. Thanx.....

Old 10-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Default RE: New to the Site need HELP on Mazda 6 Idle wont stay

Check the manual on how often you should replace the fuel filter...I like to do mine no later than ~50,000 miles.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:07 PM

how hard is that since I know that the filter goes inside the gas tank...... and do you know of a good website were they sell the common parts cause Autozone dosen't at least not here in Laredo TX and the dealership always rip you off......

Old 10-18-2006, 07:08 PM

how hard is that since I know that the filter goes inside the gas tank...... and do you know of a good website were they sell the common parts cause Autozone dosen't at least not here in Laredo TX and the dealership always rip you off......

Old 10-18-2006, 07:31 PM

If it's in the tank, the rear seat cushion is very easy to remove. Pull up quickly on the front edge of the cushion about 6" from each outside edge. The cushion has small wires which fit into plastic grommets. If the grommets pull out with the wire (unlikely), just remove them from the wire and put them back into the sheetmetal before reinstalling the cushion. The rear of the cushion is just hooked under a couple of tabs in the sheetmetal, so after the front is loose, pull the cushion toward the front seats and it should pop out.

When you are reinstalling it, be sure to properly route your seatbelts through the holes in the cushion trim.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:01 PM

Ok this is getting weird the last time I took it to Autozone so they can put the computer on it they said that it was misfireing and I just took it again and their telling me that it's the Itake Air Tem. Sensor 1 Circuit High Input ahhhh yeah so do any of you guys have an Idea......... Thanx

Old 10-20-2006, 10:55 PM

Well i found out what the problem was it was my PCV hose that's got a leak on it so I just need to replace it now the only things is that I don't know were it's at......

Old 10-21-2006, 12:14 AM

It should be a tube leading into the valve covers (if V6) or cover (if I4) You never specified which engine you have.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:18 AM

It's a I4 sorry about that but thanx for the help I thaught it was that one since I've been doing some research on the interner but wasen't sure...... It's the hose that goes from the itake to the valve covers right.....