General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

need my 6 to breathe....

Old 11-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Default need my 6 to breathe....

I want to help my car breathe more but i am not exactly sure how to go about doing so.... I want to get borla mufflers because they help out alot and sound nice. Should I also get a new exhaust pipe? also i want to eventually get new headers. Is there anything else i need... I'm still waiting for an injen CAI. If i were to just get the mufflers, would that be good enough or no?

Old 11-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Administrator
Default RE: need my 6 to breathe....

while mufflers will help a bit, the most restrictive part of the exhaust system is the cat or cats. but if you live in most US states, you cant do anything about them.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:30 AM

yeah, i'm not a big fan of emissions. heck, the county next to me doesnt have emissions, i should just move there. but it is definitely a hick town haha.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:29 AM

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

I want to help my car breathe more but i am not exactly sure how to go about doing so.... I want to get borla mufflers because they help out alot and sound nice. Should I also get a new exhaust pipe? also i want to eventually get new headers. Is there anything else i need... I'm still waiting for an injen CAI. If i were to just get the mufflers, would that be good enough or no?
I put mufflers on my old car...it does absolutely nothing for the performance of your vehicle. Just makes it sound different. Whether it be more throaty or ricey (high-pitched). You'd need to get a new cat-back exhaust to really notice a difference in performance.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:20 AM

what you have to do is high-flow cat and complete exhaust. also make sure to upgrade the exhaust pipe size. it all works together.