General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

MAFci Systems...... help please?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Default MAFci Systems...... help please?????

I would like to purchase the Mazda6s MAFciâ„¢ System (http://www.cp-e.com/2001.html) for my car, the tuneable version, but i need help with deciding this. Does this mean that when it is tuneable, i dont need to by the Tuneable MAF Customizer (http://www.cp-e.com/2005.html) ? I really like this system since it allows you to change air/fuel ratio while adding headers and other performance parts. This definitely beats the typical cold air intake such as injen which does not allow you to do so.

Also, if i were to tune this system, how would i go about doing so? do i use my computer to plug it in or do i have to send it out somewhere? sorry for not knowing of this, i'm just a new guy trying to help out his ride and knowledge a little. thanks.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Default RE: MAFci Systems...... help please?????

well, i'd hate to day it, but you would have to buy both. i clicked the first link and read it. it comes with the non-tuneable computer box, and the other link is an upgrade to it with the tuneable computer box. also to tune it, you must have a lap top, or a computer in a garage to hook up the Tuneable computer box to you PC via supplied cable. Its just like having a Stand alone computer but not with as many options.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 PM

thats what i figured. but the first link gives you the option for it to be tuneable for only $99. Do you think that tuneable gadget is what the second link is?

Old 11-22-2005, 01:31 PM

well, i think the second link is for a tuneable upgrade, if you have the MAFci already. If you are buying the MAFci, then you can add the tuneable upgrade in place of the non tuneable one. all the second link is for if you bought an MAFci before they created the tuneable upgrade and want the tuneable upgrade, then you can purchase it. i hate to be those unlucky folks that paid $$$ for the non tuneable one and have to pay the $300 to upgrade theirs...

Old 11-22-2005, 05:19 PM

yeah, i just got an email from CPE statiting that that tuneable upgrade for 300 bucks is for those that havent had that option for their stock intake system.... i'm definitely getting the tuneable version as well as a new wiring harness. guess i can be considered the lucky guy for waiting haha.