General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

DPF issues Mazda 6 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:23 AM
Default DPF issues Mazda 6 2006

I have a friend who is having issues with his Mazda 6, im sure this is not the first time it has been posted here, but he just wants it removed. I have found companies that will alter the ECU settings and remove the filter, but as im a tech for Mercedes, he wants me to do it for him.

He has looked online and has told me that some people have done this themselves with a kit purchased for DIY fitment, but i have looked online and cant find anything, he is Polish, so was wondering whether he has got the wrong end of the stick lol.

Any help would be appreciated on this matter, as he is fed up with Mazda charging him £200 a go for a burn off.

Thanks

Ben

Old 01-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Banned

Clarity: is this on a Diesel. DPF = Diesel Particulate Filter?
If so I can't help you but thought clarification is needed. People and their fancy shmancy confusing acronyms.
Diesel Performance Kits

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 01-14-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 AM

Glad to see this forum is just like all the others for cars, full of rude unhelpful people with smart comments, ill find out on my own.

It's not my fancy acronym, that's what its called, if you don't know what I'm talking about, then your not going to be able to answer my question, so why bother replying with sarcastic comments, *****.

I'll unregister from here as I see I'm not going to get any assistance.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bloodyniceben
Glad to see this forum is just like all the others for cars, full of rude unhelpful people with smart comments, ill find out on my own.

It's not my fancy acronym, that's what its called, if you don't know what I'm talking about, then your not going to be able to answer my question, so why bother replying with sarcastic comments, *****.

I'll unregister from here as I see I'm not going to get any assistance.
Hey, let's get one thing straight. Many people put their problems on here without enough info like you and without symptoms of what your car is doing.. We also need mileage, transmission, engine size. When you give us an acronym that could obviously mean something else, I enquired about clarity, so perhaps some one could help you. You obviously don't even know what it is.

Attached Thumbnails DPF issues Mazda 6 2006-bend_over.jpg