General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Anyone know their sound systems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Default Anyone know their sound systems?

I have had a sub and amp recently installed in my car. Unfortunately, because I haven't had the chance to tie down my sub, it slides around in my boot and usually ends up ripping out the wires. Usually once this happens my bf (at the time) was able to just connect the wires back to the sub and away we went. However, it has happened once again, and even after re attaching the wires to the sub, the bass doesnt seem to be working.

I have stripped the wires back a bit more in the hopes that maybe more exposed wire will solve the problem, I even unscrewed the back of the sub to make sure the connections were tightly secured, but nothing seems to work.

Is anyone on here a sound system genius? I would really need someone in the auckland area with a bit of time of their hands to come and have a look because its really getting on my nerves.

It would be greatly appreciated for a wee lass who knows s**t all about this stuff. And I would rather vomit glass than have to see my ex bf again and ask him to fix it.