General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Default AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what's up? i have a 93 mazda 626 MAJOR PROBLEMS... first off i couldn't figure out how to post on other parts of this site... so i guess i'll post it here... like i said 93 mazda 626 i've had this problem of it stalling out on me... i know the alternator is bad... but the problem with it stalling out on me ( i think ) is the coil pack... so i changed the plugs, wires, coil pack and rotor button... i have a new battery in it and it won't start AT ALL... i know the alternator is bad but it should still start... i'm getting fuel spark and air... is there anyone that can help????????????????[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 08-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Default RE: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you know the alternator is bad, replace it first to ensure you have a good charging system (even if you do get it going without the Alt, you won't stay running too long and you'll end up ruining a good battery.)

You say you're getting spark, how much voltage are you getting? (You can borrow a Voltmeter from most auto parts stores)

Is it cranking but not starting, or not cranking at all?

Old 08-25-2008, 02:02 AM

Hey i had the same problem with my 94 mazda 626 turned out that i needed a NEW distributor

Old 08-25-2008, 04:26 AM

yeah she's cranking good but not firing up... after a few cranks it like puts kinda but when i hit the gas it doesn't actually run... and it will put for about 20 seconds or so... with the alternator.... any tips on changing it... im guessing jack the engine up.... or maybe dropping the enging???? the car was runnin 2 weeks ago then sat for 2 weeks.. i didn't try startin it.. i just changed all the parts i mentioned... i can't understand why it wont start at all now...

Old 08-25-2008, 05:11 PM

Sounds like your timing is off. Is it possible to install the rotor button in numerous different orientations or did you pull the distributor out of the engine? If you didn't get those back in the exact orientation they came out at, your engine wouldn't spark at the right time in the compression cycle of the engine.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:38 AM

i'm 99% sure that it can only go 1 way.. i put it back together exactly the way it came off.... here's another question.. i have an error code vris #2 solenoid and coolant temp. sensor... could either of those prevent the car from starting?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 AM

Not sure what the VRIS #2 Solenoid does.

I wouldn't think coolant temp sensor would do it. (unless there is some kind of logic programmed intothe systemto shut the vehicle down if it gets too hot and the sensor is reading falsely high.)