General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2009 Mazda 3 - Wiper Problem

Old 04-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Default 2009 Mazda 3 - Wiper Problem

Front wipers are not working and I'm stumped...

I'm stumped... Any ideas?

Front wipers aren't working. I assumed (without much checking) that it was likely a seized linkage, or the wiper motor.

Long story short - the wiper motor works and the linkage is fine.

Checked voltage at the plug to the wiper motor, and not getting voltage for the low speed pin or the high speed pin when the control switch is moved in the vehicle. I have voltage on the constant voltage pin.

Pulled the control switch and checked all the continuity as per the service manual. Control switch is working fine from what I can tell.

Tried shorting the correct pins on the plug for the control switch and that did not turn on the wipers either.

Went to the main electrical panel and pulled and re-plugged in ever single connector in case there was a corrosion issue. No joy.

Really not sure what to try next? Suggestions?

Sean.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:16 AM

Just curious... and I am not a mechanic.... How do you know the wiper motor is working?
If the wipers are not.

Old 11-20-2020, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by sdboers
Front wipers are not working and I'm stumped...

I'm stumped... Any ideas?

Front wipers aren't working. I assumed (without much checking) that it was likely a seized linkage, or the wiper motor.

Long story short - the wiper motor works and the linkage is fine.

Checked voltage at the plug to the wiper motor, and not getting voltage for the low speed pin or the high speed pin when the control switch is moved in the vehicle. I have voltage on the constant voltage pin.

Pulled the control switch and checked all the continuity as per the service manual. Control switch is working fine from what I can tell.

Tried shorting the correct pins on the plug for the control switch and that did not turn on the wipers either.

Went to the main electrical panel and pulled and re-plugged in ever single connector in case there was a corrosion issue. No joy.

Really not sure what to try next? Suggestions?

Sean.
Hello Sean,did you ever get to bottom of problem as i have the very same and stumped.
Regards Peter.

Old 11-22-2020, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

1st step is check fuses.
2nd step is connect a scan tool that has live data (PIDS) for the BCM ( body control module ) look at the data for the wipers, operate the switch in the various positions and confirm the BCM is receiving the signals.
3rd step, is PIDs are correct is checking the wiring to the motor.

** Please note wiring diagram is for a RHD Australian market Mazda 3 -- other markets may be different ***

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2009 BL Wiper.pdf (167.3 KB, 75 views)