General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2005 Mazda 6 2.3L Smoke issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 12:11 PM
Default 2005 Mazda 6 2.3L Smoke issue

Hello Mazda Forum, I am new to this community and i bought my car this summer it had 120,000 KM on it and everything runs fine but it makes me concern that even in the summer in the mornings when i cold start the car after starting like about 5-10 seconds after starting it ommits small amount of steam from 2 of the exhausts for again 5 to 10 second then stops

Is this normal for this car? i am checking oil level and for oil level i am sure its not dropping even i drained the oil to look the color and its all good and put new oil, in it, i did flush the coolant twice too and it looks normal the coolant level looks good too and no overheating and its been 5 months i did not add anything to it all levels of oil and coolant looks ok,

Someone who drives the same car please help me so i can comfort my mind

thanks

Old 02-17-2020, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hagop Christ Kalejian
Hello Mazda Forum, I am new to this community and i bought my car this summer it had 120,000 KM on it and everything runs fine but it makes me concern that even in the summer in the mornings when i cold start the car after starting like about 5-10 seconds after starting it ommits small amount of steam from 2 of the exhausts for again 5 to 10 second then stops

Is this normal for this car? i am checking oil level and for oil level i am sure its not dropping even i drained the oil to look the color and its all good and put new oil, in it, i did flush the coolant twice too and it looks normal the coolant level looks good too and no overheating and its been 5 months i did not add anything to it all levels of oil and coolant looks ok,
Visit AutoGuysLand to review best synthetic oil 5w20 if you want to change your car oil. Someone who drives the same car please help me so i can comfort my mind

thanks
what i read about this issue: "It could be a blown head gasket or a cracked turbo water jacket if the turbo is water cooled." Also, i think you should try to check the your coolant temps if you drive it.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

If it stops after less than a minute, then you have nothing to worry about. For peace of mind, keep a eye on coolant level & oil levels.

Old 02-18-2020, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ricardowelch
what i read about this issue: "It could be a blown head gasket or a cracked turbo water jacket if the turbo is water cooled." Also, i think you should try to check the your coolant temps if you drive it.
Hello thanks for replying,

Mine is N/A not speed model i mean no turbo and when i drive it the temperature gauge stays in the middle or little bit to the cold when i am on highway

Old 02-18-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
If it stops after less than a minute, then you have nothing to worry about. For peace of mind, keep a eye on coolant level & oil levels.
Yes i am keeping eye on coolant but 2 days ago i did checked again for coolant level when the weather started freezing here in Canada, and it was little bit lower from the level i remember in summer when i flushed it but not very much lower little bit i mean maybe 2 fingers lower

Old 02-19-2020, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

You should be checking fluids every time you fill up with gas.