Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Dried Bird Droppings?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Default RE: Dried Bird Droppings?

Best thing I've heard of (haven't tried it yet) is a gentle mix of ammonia and water. AVOID AT ALL COSTS scrubbing with ANYTHING on the bird droppings. Bird droppings usually contain a fine granule, and if you scrub, you're basically sanding your paint. The amonia is supposed to soften the bird droppings so a gentle spray of water will take them right off. Worst case, use a little saliva (yes, it works, trust me) and apply gently with a rag, or spit if you don't mind spitting on your car (she may not like it). Allow it to work on the droppings for a couple minutes, and spray with water. I'm going to try the ammonia water in the next couple days. Car is 4 days old, and when I pulled back the sunroof cover this afternoon on the way home, there was a fat little dropping dead center [:@].

Old 12-14-2006, 05:12 PM

I always felt that if I've just wash my car there's always an incedent that will make it really2x dirty. Like rain and all the mud will stick to all that creases you just patiently and religiously clean!!! [:@] Another one is the bird poop. It's very ironic. I dont know if I'll get mad or laugh.

Anyway, I just use the car wash soap and spray it with water. If there's anything that's left I'll do it again.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:38 AM

I'll give away a trade secret of detailers that works on dried on bird poo and bugs. wet a towl and lay it over the spot for about 5-10 minutes. then just hit it with a hose orwash as normal andit shouldcome right off.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:39 AM

Ummm Not on cars but there are two great ways to get rid of dried on bird poop. 1) A steam cleaner. I wouldn't try using it on the car though. 2) A bottle of "pet stain remover" enzymes. Spray the stuff on and wait a few minutes. The bird poop will "melt" and can be just wiped up.

I don't know how the enzymes would react with the finish on your car though... We have several pet macaws and the two above methods get rid of poop.

Z.