Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Would anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Default Would anyone?

hey guys, wel this is my first post here n i hope you guys can help, Installed my Head unit into
my car and it was working fine until one day i broke down cos my battery was dead n it wudnt
start the motor.
Since then i got a new alternator and the battery is fine ( or so the little green light on the
top says) but now my head unit wnt turn on sumtimes and when it does it dims with the bass and i
wont go past a certain volume it just turns off
I like my car very much..It's not justa car...
Also i cant use it with my head lights cos it wont come on,
Any ideas? is it a voltage problem?
Cheers Guys n Girls

Old 02-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Default RE: Would anyone?

it sounds like when they put the new batt and alt. in they left a ground unhooked some where i would look around under the hood to see if you can find anything. if not take it back to where you got the work done and have them fix it...

Old 03-11-2008, 11:37 AM

check the wiring and the battery and alternator conections, on my miata when the sub hits at a high volume it dims but not bad

Old 03-11-2008, 11:48 AM

You may wan't to look inot adding a cap "capasitor" to your system. It will store energy when you are not needing it, then when thesub hits it will not flicker the lights. I would check the ground connections on the head unit to verify that it is grounded and getting a a good power feed.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM

Before you do that, check the wiring on the stereo. Sounds like you have a wire hooked up wrong. Did you use a wiring harness to go from the Head unit to the car or did you wire in manually?

Main wires to check would be:
-the Memory wire (usually yellow or blue and has a fuse on it)
- Power wire (usually red and thick. May have a fuse on it)
- Ground wire. make sure it's attached to the body or a good ground point.

Alot of new installers hook up the ground to the lights by mistake and this can cause dimming and volume limits. Check your fuses as well as you might have a blown or slightly blown fuse.

If you used a harness then I would check the big 3 ground points.