Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

***Need help installing aftermarket radio***

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Default ***Need help installing aftermarket radio***

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and I have a question for anyone that can help. I currently own a 2004 Mazda 3 Sport and when I got the car everyone told me that it was impossible to find a double din dash kit, but I looked on ebay and found one that works great. My question is as follows: I'm interested in getting a 2008 Mazda 3 GT and I want to install the same double din radio into it. I am planning on using the same dash kit and I'm pretty sure it will fit. The only problem is that the car I'm wanting to buy has automatice climate control and the temp diplays on the screen above the radio. When I disconnected the radio in my current car it automatically shut off the display. My wuestion is whether or not there is a way to install an aftermarket radio and retain the usage of the display. I'm hoping that there is some type of harness that I can use to fix the problem I'm having. You guys seem to know alot about Mazdas so any help that you can give me would be highly appreciated.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Default RE: ***Need help installing aftermarket radio***

does the dash on the new car that you are getting look like this one?