Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda DPF, smoking &or oil dilution issues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Default Mazda DPF, smoking &or oil dilution issues...

Hi folks,

I've recently bought a second hand 2007 2.0D Mazda 5. I'm having some issues...

The car ran fine when I bought it. A little later it started smoking quite heavily whilst drivving home. It then went into limp mode a couple of times whilst driving on the motorway. The third occasion the DPF light came on and stayed on with the limp mode. After stopping, the light went off and I had no problems driving home.

Took it to the garage I bought it from, and they said the oil level was really high, so put in a new filter and replaced the oil. I wasn't entirely satisfied that they'd solved the problem rather than just covered a few symptoms. Nonetheless, the car has been perfect for about a month.

Now its started intermittently smoking again. No loss of power, no limp mode nor DPF light. But the oil does seem to be high again - its hard to read though. There's a smear going high up the stick, but a full covering only up to just a little past the F.

Anyone had any similar issues? Or any good advice much appreciated- thanks in advance!