General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

DPF - Diesel to Oil Dilution - 62% - Legal action against Mazda UK.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Default DPF - Diesel to Oil Dilution - 62% - Legal action against Mazda UK.

Hey all, I hope everyone is well and 2010 is progressing well for you all...

I am based in London and have a Mazda 6 2nd gen 2.0d SL.

Right, where to start. You may have seen a similar post on here before about my engine over accelerating on it's own accord. I am here to ask for everyones opinions, expert advice, legal advice etc! basically the whole works.

It started in August 2009, when i was driving in a 3 lane road going approx. 65 mph to then suddenly see/feel my car shot up in power and the revv counter was on max 6,000rpm i think (redline) and i was hitting 100+ approaching a roundabout 650yrds away - all i could do was switch the engine off, force my way over the other 2 lanes and pull the handbrake up just before the roundabout.

I got the recovery company to come down and it was diagnosed instantly of a huge amount of diesel/oil contamination of which something the mechanic on recovery had never seen or heard of before. So, the next day the dealer had a look at the car and ignorantly told me nothing is wrong with it just apart from the DPF not regenerating.....I thought to my self, hold on - there is no DPF light on or flashing so how could that be. I didnt get a valid answer. I left the car in there a few days upon doing my research luckily led me to find out about the diesel/oil contamination of which i should get an oil sample, mazda refused to do so and was very shakey on the idea of me having this, so i took the car out of their possession got it towed home and my local mechanic got the oil sample had it tested and the results were a 62% diesel to oil contamination..

To cut this story extremely short, Mazda UK, Mazda Dealer & Mazda credit are all blaming me and my family for the way we drive the car i.e. because it's a diesel it is only suitable for long journeys only (of which we were never told when we bought the car, we were looking to save money and have a stronger engine - obviously not!) I have been unable to drive my car now for 8 months as the fight with mazda continues.

I need to ask you lot what you think could have caused this and before you ask, i check my oil levels weekly and had done so 1 week exactly to the incident... in that week i must have covered at least 1,000 miles + i have also had my injectors tested and they came back fine.

My last resort as this is with my lawyer now is to have the engine basically stripped down to find out where this problem is and how it happened + whether the car is fit for purpose, which it's clearly not - reason i say this is because if the DPF was not regenerating as it should, fair enough these cars will go into Limp Mode but why should it happen where you can't control the car and you are unsure of when this over-run will occur again. As i said previously, no warning lights ever come on & thank god i have a picture of the dash board at the time which proves what i say.

Mazda yet after 8 months are rude & ignoring anything i say as long as many others of us here in the UK! I am still getting the blame for not checking my oil levels, not driving the car how it should be driven & that i do not know how the DPF regenerates. My car at the moment is seized, even though the battery is full, nothing will happen to the engine - i turn the key and nothing... no lights, noise nothing. May i also ask, with this kind of diesel/oil contamination is this engine ruined seeing as it has not been turned on for a long time.

Thank you all for taking the time in reading this & any comments/advice will be greatly appreciated!!

I am looking to start a website which will help us all come together to put our points across to Mazda UK or abroad because it seems like the Mazda customer sevice do not want to listen to what any of us have to say, hopefully the more pressure we put on them they will be forced to listen - that's my aim. Me and the user Velocityblade will be working on this as he is having DPF issues with Limp Mode without warning.