Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

small red light below dash constantly blinking

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Default small red light below dash constantly blinking

Hello all,
I have a 2004 Mazda 3s, I bought it used about a year ago. Today I changed my battery for the first time. Ever since, there is a small red light below the dash on the driver side (to the right) that constantly blinks. It blinks if the car is on/off and locked/unlocked. I have never seen the light before. From my understanding, it is not the engine immobilizer light (for that light looks like a car with a key in it), however, I may be mistaken. The car appears to start fine and lock. Does anyone know what this light is or how I can turn it off? I am also concerned it will tax my new battery's life. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: small red light below dash constantly blinking

Does your car have an alarm system? Where is the light located (i.e. in the cluster, attached to a dash panel, etc.)?

The only flashing light my '05 3s has is the immobilizer light which is located in the speedometer part of the cluster. Unless someone added either an aftermarket alarm with a blinking light warning, or just a faux alarm warning blinking light then there shouldn't be any other ones.

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I'm kind of tired right now.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Default RE: small red light below dash constantly blinking

I think it the the security alarm that the dealers use. I should have a thin plastic card thats in it now. If you take that plastic key out the car will not start. see if you can take the key out with some small pliers.