Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for opinions on 2016 colors

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 04:12 PM

We have a '16 GT w/ Tech and i-activesense with the Meteor Gray and Black interior. Boring exterior color and boring interior color. It's a combination that DOESN'T move off of dealer lots. We were able to get the car for $3000 less than INVOICE (not MSRP). The dealer had trouble getting rid of it. So, you might want to consider something like that, if the price is right. We have two small kids, so the black interior is a must for us. Next time, we'll opt for red or black.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by photog72
We have a '16 GT w/ Tech and i-activesense with the Meteor Gray and Black interior. Boring exterior color and boring interior color. It's a combination that DOESN'T move off of dealer lots. We were able to get the car for $3000 less than INVOICE (not MSRP). The dealer had trouble getting rid of it. So, you might want to consider something like that, if the price is right. We have two small kids, so the black interior is a must for us. Next time, we'll opt for red or black.
This doesn't even make sense. I have not heard of any dealers "having trouble" getting rid of 2016 CX-5's. No matter the color, its their top seller and it's too new for the dealers to begin offering deals like that. Hell you'd be lucky to get that kind of deal on a 2015 model. And notice their aren't even that many 2015 leftovers on the lots. If you're a Mazda employee and you are eligible for EVERY available offer including military discount, recent college grad discount, former Mazda owner discount, and a couple others...you still wouldn't be at $3000 less than invoice.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by kicker0927
This doesn't even make sense. I have not heard of any dealers "having trouble" getting rid of 2016 CX-5's. No matter the color, its their top seller and it's too new for the dealers to begin offering deals like that. Hell you'd be lucky to get that kind of deal on a 2015 model. And notice their aren't even that many 2015 leftovers on the lots. If you're a Mazda employee and you are eligible for EVERY available offer including military discount, recent college grad discount, former Mazda owner discount, and a couple others...you still wouldn't be at $3000 less than invoice.
Oops... you are correct. It was not $3000 less than invoice. My math is . Before taxes and fees, the price was $28611. Invoice was $30970. So, a difference of $2359. I used truecar.com to buy the car. The dealer did say that color combination is not in demand. The car had been sitting in their lot for about 3-4 months (at least from the date of manufacture, which was in July).

Old 12-09-2015, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by photog72
Oops... you are correct. It was not $3000 less than invoice. My math is . Before taxes and fees, the price was $28611. Invoice was $30970. So, a difference of $2359. I used truecar.com to buy the car. The dealer did say that color combination is not in demand. The car had been sitting in their lot for about 3-4 months (at least from the date of manufacture, which was in July).
Wow. You got one heck of a deal. My dealer used TrueCar as well and their invoice price was $30,070. I got the vehicle for $30,170. I contacted three other dealerships within about 100 miles and they couldn't even touch that price! Good job!

Old 12-15-2015, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by kicker0927
Wow. You got one heck of a deal. My dealer used TrueCar as well and their invoice price was $30,070. I got the vehicle for $30,170. I contacted three other dealerships within about 100 miles and they couldn't even touch that price! Good job!
Thanks. Remember, mine is a FWD model. We don't need AWD down here in SE Texas.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:16 PM

I like the Storm Trooper look of this combo. I'm leaning towards this choice.

Originally Posted by mazdarati16
My wife and I bought the Crystal white pearl with black interior. In my opinion the white exterior contrasts with the black trim incredibly well.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:12 AM

Silver is the best exterior color. it doesnt show dirt as easy as darker colors, and it highlights the black trim, as well as looking good with black. also lighter colors dont attract as much heat from the sun, saving your paint job and also better for corrosion resistance. Silver also looks good with most alloy wheels.

You might say well why not get white? For me I dont like the look of white, so I guess I would get the lightest color that you like. dark colors also show scratches more easily .

interior is personal preference,but im leaning towArDS the two tone look, just seems classier.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by mach1
Silver is the best exterior color. it doesnt show dirt as easy as darker colors, and it highlights the black trim, as well as looking good with black. also lighter colors dont attract as much heat from the sun, saving your paint job and also better for corrosion resistance. Silver also looks good with most alloy wheels.

You might say well why not get white? For me I dont like the look of white, so I guess I would get the lightest color that you like. dark colors also show scratches more easily .

interior is personal preference,but im leaning towArDS the two tone look, just seems classier.
We rented this 2016 model back in July. I wasn't happy w/ the silver color. Then again, this was the Touring model. I like our new Meteor Gray w/ the wheels of the Grand Touring. I wanted black, but my wife didn't, and it's her car. So, Meteor Gray it is for this family.

Attached Thumbnails Looking for opinions on 2016 colors-2015-07-25-08.12.33.jpg  
Old 12-19-2015, 02:23 PM

I try to avoid black. On a hot sunny day place your hand on a black car and then on a lighter color model. You will be amazed at how much the black holds the heat as opposed to say something like white or silver.

And black cars show dirt all the time. Unless you dont mind that or like to wash your car very often, it can be frustrating.

ultimately people should just get what looks best to them, but there are advantages to the lighter shades that many probably dont think about.

I was considering gray on the cx5 as well since it blends with the plastic that runs along the bottom of the car and that may or may not look better to some.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:17 AM

I have the white exterior and black interior and its great. I have dogs and have had lighter interiors, they are just a pain to keep clean. My son has a light interior and the interior maintenance is not worth it, for me anyway.

Quick Reply: Looking for opinions on 2016 colors