Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX5 Recall

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:38 AM

the dealer i worked for had both technical bulletins, as grim says, which were exactly what he said. advance info on what was coming. then there were service bulletins, which were actual problems and fixes. at first, it went by production dates. then, it went by vin. most of the time, it was repair only if customer complained, and were for a specific length of time. after that, it was customer pay. a lot of it comes down to the actual dealer. after all, a dealer is a franchise of the manufacturer. for instance, if mazda of north america comes out with a repair that is NOT a formal recall, at the dealer level, the local dealer can do the repair or not. a good dealer will go back and do a vin check on the cars they have sold, and then notify the owners of the repair, which is then done, and charged to mazda of north america. for a very long time, the manufacturer would not pay actual local flat rates, so the local dealer would not make as much money compared to customer pay. a short time ago, where i used to work, they did upgrade to actual local flat rates. however, the paperwork has become so stringent, if the repair is not recorded exactly as stated by the manufacturer, then it would be denied. so again, some dealers prefer to take the short route

Old 09-08-2014, 04:53 PM

My 2014 CX5 is coming up at 30 days being in the shop for the Transmission failure while driving... awaiting news one way or another regarding transmission replacement

Old 02-23-2022, 04:07 AM

Hey there,
Just found this old forum post and thought you may be able to help point me in the right direction.
I own a 2017 CX9 49,000 kms and live in Australia.
Just been told my torque converter needs replacing. Wondered is this has been an issue and if you believe I should try and get it fixed under warranty by Mazda?

appreciate Any guidance.

Mal

Old 02-23-2022, 10:48 AM

Never hurts to ask if there was a formal recall and even to call Mazda corporate about it. With your car being right at the 5yr mark you may still have power train warranty which would be helpful.