Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 07:13 AM

its the blutooth thats the problem, it was USB but they fixed that when my car was recalled .they replaced some hardware

Old 10-17-2014, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ian Raison
its the blutooth thats the problem, it was USB but they fixed that when my car was recalled .they replaced some hardware
If plugging an iPod into the USB port quickly shows the Playlists on the screen, and the music starts where ended before, I'll be happy.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:43 AM

here in the Uk we had a recall and they replaced a module which fixed the USB problems it now starts where it left off and it also fixed the other little problems with the USB connection .i just wish they would fix the bluetooth connectivity ,and the long winded way of making a handsfree call

Old 10-18-2014, 10:11 AM
omg

Why haven't they done a recall in the United States? Are they using other countries as guinea pigs before launching a recall in the US?

Old 10-18-2014, 10:15 AM
omg

I still think its pathetic that my Dodge Journey had perfect usb control interface and Mazda that only makes "world class" cars cannot even compete with Dodge (a far less superior manufacturer) in that functionality.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:54 AM

it is a joke as both my old mazda 5`s worked perfectly .bluetooth handsfree was spot on and the media player system was also .

Old 10-19-2014, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ian Raison
here in the Uk we had a recall and they replaced a module which fixed the USB problems it now starts where it left off and it also fixed the other little problems with the USB connection .i just wish they would fix the bluetooth connectivity ,and the long winded way of making a handsfree call
In your paperwork, is there a part number for the module that allows the iPods to work properly?

In case the dealer denies knowledge of the problem or claims it's Apple's fault, it sure would be nice to have a part number.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Unhappy Bluetooth problems

Well exactly after one year, the Bluetooth module of my CX-5 stopped working. Took it to service center here in California and they have said they have ordered a new module from Mazda which should come in a week. The person there mentioned they have to upgrade it. Not sure if that will be a newer updated module or just a replacement module. Could be a replacement module. Will post once I get it fixed. Could be done within a week.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 AM

We took my wife's '14 CX-5 to the dealer for its first visit. Bought in February, but less than 4500 miles.

Really emphasized the point that my iPods had the long delay and then the first playlist when restarted. They seemed kind of clueless and left a message that someone at Mazda customer service could walk me thru the set-up -- arghh!

When the car was ready they mentioned bluetooth, and I re-emphacized the problems. Finally, I took the service rep to the car and showed him the delay on the start-up of an iPod. He gave me 1 800 430-0153. Called the number, tried a new iPod with another cable and the problem was worse to show them. They told be a firmware update was coming. No exact date, but it sounded like a month or two away.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:04 AM

Update on my UK module "upgrade". Track continues where it left off but does not always go to next track on the playlist.
Restart after a pause the screen stays on pause although the music plays.
Boot time on my 8Gb iPod is about 30 secs which I can live with.
TomTom is still very slow and the voice gets quieter as time goes on to the point you can barely hear it, despite updating software via TomTom.
Whole thing is pretty rubbish althoughI love the car.
Phil

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD