Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Sweet College Chick in need of advice for lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Default Sweet College Chick in need of advice for lights

Hi Guys!
I'm in need of some help and advice. Now, I may be lady and small, but I know my way a little around a car

I have a 2002 Mazda Millenia,non supercharged. It was my mothers old car. She has a new CX-7 now. I really like the car, but I thought the lights were a little dim. So, while looking online, I picked up one of the HID Kits, bulb 9006 for theMillenia.

I tried installing the kit last night, I check all of the wiring many times over, but when I turned on the light, nothing lit up. Just the outside lights and the little round light on the top of the headlight fixtures. No low beam HID light. Again, everything was installed right, plug and play kit, so it's hard to not plug everything in the wrong positions. I put the old lights back in, and everything just fired right back up.

I've been reading some people have used the HID bypass to be wired directly from the battery with in-line fuse, due to not being able to get enough current to the ballbast. I was wondering do you guys think this is my problem? Do I have a computer or something that thinks I have a light out and not pulling enough current?

Should I pick up one of these bypass harnesses or do you guys think I have a bad kit?

Thanks guys

Corrie

Go longhorns!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Sweet College Chick in need of advice for lights

Corrie from UT, huh? (Go longhorns!!!!!!)
I wonder if your mother was driving the white CX I saw in our PL the other day?

It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you're doing and simply got a bad kit. If you know any of the Mazda3 guys on campus I'm sure they would be will to take a look at it for you. There are lots, 'n' lotsof 'em.
Look for a blk MS3, or a red P5 w/CF hood, or an orange MSP... and I know there are others too....