Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

lowr'n

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Default lowr'n

i need to lower my 07 "6" about a 1 inch gap above front and rear tires but cant find a kit that offers that. anyone have any suggestions???

Old 01-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: lowr'n

Check outTein H Techs. They usually work for those that don't want too much of a drop.
Mazdaspeed springs offer a pretty mild drop too.
Or, what about getting something w/else and adding spacers to bring the car up to where you want it.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:17 PM

not familar w/ spacers that add height but i think i'm gonna go with the tein s tech springs, they offer a 2.3" drop in the front and a 1.4" drop rear. that will put about a .5" gap from top of tire to fender edge. supplier ( eracing.com ) out of california said ride will still be comfortable and it shouldnt rub. any advice?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Idon't know that the S-Tech's will ride that well? And you may run into aligment problems w/that much of a drop too.
The 6's are different, as are the spring specs for AM springs, compared to the 3. I did some checking after I read your post. You don't say whether or not you have the 6 cyl or 4 cyl engine though. The drop specs change w/the engine type on the 6... unlike the 3.

I was under the mpression that you didn't want to drop it that much, but just to take away some fender gap and improve the handling? Is there really that much gap on your 6?