Site Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on MF happenings!

PM"S From PaulMedley?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default PM"S From PaulMedley?

If you have received a PM from a new "member" who goes by PaulMedley, or any other that is not a regular member of the site, one that may include links or other promotions, DO NOTclick on the links listed in the message and please do not reply but instead let one of the Moderators, or the ADMIN (Patrick) know.Or you may post here also. We will deal with these low-lifes for you. That is what we are here for.
We have received a number of these "sneaky" PM spammers lately. It seems like the latest in spamming and phishing and could very well be dangerous to your personal info or damage your computer.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Default RE: PM"S From PaulMedley?

Thanks for the heads up V1

Old 11-25-2008, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

No problem.I only hope every one sees this post as it"s the only way to contactthe masseshere.
Did youreceive a PM from this guy Scott?

Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: virgin1

No problem. I only hope every one sees this post as it"s the only way to contact the masses here.
Did you receive a PM from this guy Scott?
You could always send out a nice spamming PM to everyone about looking out for PM spammers. :P

Honestly if it becomes a constant problem I'd suggest doing what some other forums have done and institute a minimum post requirement to send PM's..... maybe 10 or so since most spammers never get that many.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:13 PM

I didn't get one....

Old 11-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Neither did I.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Well, perhaps then he wasn"t lying when he said he had only PMed Wes (wsoape281) and me?
I was afraid he was like a few others we"ve had on here recently that were indiscriminately PMing other members and just didn"t notice he was also contacting Moderators in the process.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

So PM add-spammed two moderators. Do we have an award for that or something because it's priceless. lol

Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

After not being very kind to him in my PMed reply he said, that he had intentionally PMed Mods only to test the waters, I believe was the phrase he used. However the initial contact said nothing about that and only included links and the company that he was supposed to work for (a Marketing firm,) as well as a written advertisement.
I asked him that if that was his intention, why not just come right out and ask?? Asking works, or aren"t Marketers taught that. He did not reply to that message.
Frankly, and looking back he was probably on the up-an-up, but I had no way of knowing that. After all, a good SCAMMER (Con Artist) can make almost anything seem legit, right?

Old 12-01-2008, 01:38 AM

THANKS ALOT RICHARD. NOW I HAVE A VIRUS CUZ I DIDNT READ THIS. god people PM EVERYONE. cant you guys do it just like that.. jeez