Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

24 Hours of Daytona who is going?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Default 24 Hours of Daytona who is going?

The Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, January 22-26

I know it seems like we have been slacking about this event but we have been trying to determine whether or not there was enough interest to develop something specific for the Mazda enthusiasts. As I can not give out the details we are working with some of the top race teams competing in this event and the Grand Am executives to try and bring something new and exciting to the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona. Details are still being ironed out and everyone should expect a very exciting experience at this event.

So as of right now I am going to put the list of poeple that was generated by the other event thread and update it as people post there interest. I hope to have the plans finalized by the first week of January so that we can all get prepared for that weekend.

For information about the Koni Challange and Rolex Series check out the following websites:
http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/
http://www.grand-am.com/koni/

For track information check out this website:

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/rolex24/

This will be my first time attending the event but I hear its by far one of the most exciting races of the year. I will be there cheering for our friends at Meyer Motorsports, Racers Edge Motorsports, and Speedsource.

A glimpse of the excitment

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2049/...1ec29e.jpg?v=0

Old 01-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Default RE: 24 Hours of Daytona who is going?

Ok guys I have received official word from Grand Am about the 24 hours of Daytona. For those of you who still need to buy tickets make sure you buy the 2 day admission with the garage/ Fanzone. This will then get you into the infield where we will have a meet spot. We are still trying to work out a meeting location which I will inform you about in the next day or two.

Now here is the important thing... we are making a separate pass and posting up here that will allow you to be apart of the "Grand Am Experience for Mazda Owners". Everyone who wants to attend, whether you are going to buy the tickets or already have them, will then have to print this ticket out and show it to the crew leader at the location to become apart of our group.

Now what is the "Grand Am Experience". Well it's an opportunity that will allow you to see/talk/experience things that no one else on the track will get too. We are still developing the schedule aand adding to it as we get other things confirmed... here it is as it stands:

11:00 am to 11:30 am Grand-Am Tech Talk ā€“ Jeff Smallwood, KONI Series Manager

11:30 am to Noon Paddock Tour and Garage Tour ā€“ Eric Meyer, Meyer Motorsports

Noon Mazda Car Club group photo ā€“ Grand-Am photographer

12:15 pm to 1:00 pm Driver Autograph Session/Lunch ā€“ Your own time

2:15 pm to 3:00 pm Grid Opens ā€“ Your own time

3:30 pm Race Start

5:30 pm to 6:00 pm Pirelli Tire Compound Tour ā€“ Steve Focazio, Grand-Am

6:00 pm to 6:30 pm G-A Transporter tours ā€“ Steve Focazio, Grand-Am

So if I were you guys and girls I would try to be on site at 10 to meet up with our group. So who is in???????

Role Call:

1. spoolinmazda
2. RXtreme8
3. EHT+1
4. Cinnamon+1
5. Bumble_Bee+1
6. dshiznit1489
7. Rotr8
8. BigIslandSevens
9. Turbo_Timmy
10. Mike Troll
11. Pretty Boy
12. jojorx8
13. Khronus79
14. RotorHead87
15. HadaGSL-SE
16. Gā€™s 3rd Gen
17. hondawagonk!d
18. MufflerBearings69
19. jqturbo
20. vanrider
21. nikohlc.photography

So if you have bought tickets or buying tickets please keep an eye out for Grand Am Experience ticket that will be posted on here in the next few days.

For those of you who can't attend this race event watch out because we will be building this program so that it happens at every Grand Am event stop all season.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:14 PM

So rxtreme8 has come up with the final design for the pass and as you can see it looks great

Name:  handout-final.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  80.8 KB

So if you are coming to the 24 hours of Daytona print this out and bring it with you so you can join us for all the festivities. This is going to be a great event and I hope to see a lot of you out there

Old 01-19-2009, 05:41 PM

bump... 5 days until the event

Old 01-20-2009, 08:00 PM

Well I have been told that the official meet point is the Grand Am trailer/ transporter at 10:30am on Saturday morning and 5:15pm at the Pirelli compound. Please try and be on time so we can stay on time and be respectful to Steve Focazio.