Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Wish lists

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Default Wish lists

Ok looking for ideas, suggestions from people in the know.

If I was looking for some sensible mods (no NOS) for my 95 626 exec. Where would you go with it? Use your imagination. At present it is completely stock and due to have brakes and pads all round within the month.

Like the idea of a wolf in sheeps clothing, kind of Audi RS4. Subtle looks with a bit of OOMPH.

LIMITATIONS:
+ The ride still has to be comfortable as it's baby Lauren's chariot really.
+ Budget, would I be cheaper to get parts from the US or would I be hammered by postage costs?

As my 'rocco' is off the road at the moment I would still like a thrill from driving 'Mrtyle' when she isn't being used as a big Pram.

Bedtime now folks, it's midnight here now and started back work today/yesterday after 2 weeks off for the holidays!!

Look forward to hearing your ideas!

David

Night all in a Little House on the Prairie stylee

Old 01-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Default RE: Wish lists

honestly, lowering the car, and adding a nice set of rims makes a huge improvement!
altho that can get expensive, you could always try looking for used rims. just make sure you get the proper rim width and offset, or else it will look like crap and possibly even rub.
lowering can make a stiffer ride, but a 1" drop will still look good. you dont need to slam the car.
possibly even tint the windows as well. i not really a fan of tinted windows, but it still looks good on certain cars.

oh, and since your car is a 95, before doing any mods, give the car a nice detail first. try using a clay bar, and a good wax to make the paint shine again.
or a good buffer to get all the surface scratches out.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:33 AM

Sounds like a good start! The paintwork is suprisingly pretty mint, for the year. It's a nice metaillic green/blue.
I agree rims and a wee drop would be a good start. Would an inch be enough (insert funny here) to improve the ride handling? I feel cornering is like driving an 18 wheeler sometimes!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 06:17 AM

yes, an inch would be fine. i beleive the Eibach prokits are a somewhat stiff spring.
and dont forget about sway bars too!
my car is lowered 1.8" all around, and that can be a little too much for some ppl. ie, i have to take speed bumps uber slow, or i'll scrape, and i have to drive out of my driveway super slow too.

altho, if you live ina warmer climate, you dont have to worry about snow. which you begin to really hate when you drive a lowered car lol

Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 AM

dude he lives in scotland.. i would imagine they would have snow.. hes farther north then we are !!!!!! lol. but some rims wouldl ook good on your car.. depends ont he colour of the car. maybe a new exhaust. make people wonder what is that... and maybe a sound system haha. that would be my wish list anyway lol

Old 01-08-2008, 02:36 PM

haha touche....

oh, wat about a cold air intake, and as jaimie said, a catback.
im sure you could have a cat back custom made for your car, and have it done for under $300 ish.
and intake shouldnt cost you any more than $300 if you know where to look. (try 'Fujita'. they're intakes go for $230 ish. ive had mine for a year now, and no problems yet.)

Old 01-08-2008, 03:49 PM

LOL Had snow last week!! Only lasted a couple of days though. Global warming and all that?!

Dentinger I love the rims on your 3. I was going to get the black wire BBS with silver lip for my black rocco! Would look a bit out of place on my green mazda though. They only do them up to 15" though eh?

I put pics of Mrtyle up.

What about postage? I have been getting old Batman comics on e-bay from the US. As the pound is quite strong you get the comics for a fraction of the price here. I could pay $5 for a comic and the postage could be $15.

There is obviously no weight on these and an exhaust or whatever would be a different scenario though eh??

Old 01-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't looked but it may be harder to get mod parts for a '95.
The Eibach Prokit has been said to have the closest to OE ride on the 3's.
Do an exhaust before an intake. You'll gain more and you have to get the gasses out before you can put more in.
An alternative to a purchased intake would be to mod the stock box in some way. Remove any resonator, drop in a better filter, add some ram-air by adding tubing to the intake and running it to the front of the car. Etc, etc...
Sway bars will improve the handling w/o affecting the ride, though both are preferable, as are new struts/shocks.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM

NICE!!
black mesh BBS rims with a silver lip... AND on a rocco.
now we're talking

Old 01-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Hey dingo,
Got any pics of this tarmac eatin' beast (<<< irony/humor) yet? Show us. Post some up here. I'd like to seesome and I'm sure others would too. The rocco would be nice too. And yeah, nice choice on the wheels. Expensive too.

Quick Reply: Wish lists