Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   Why not Ford (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/why-not-ford-14831/)

jaimie08mazda3 01-04-2009 08:32 PM

RE: Why not Ford

i didnt say i was. but if you really look at it your gonna get more for your money buying the mazdaspeed3 then you would with a cobalt. on average if in 5 years you sold a cobalt SS youd get it for maybe 8-10K if you sold a mazdaspeed3 5 years later youd get a bout 17k easily

VB 01-04-2009 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

i didnt say i was. but if you really look at it your gonna get more for your money buying the mazdaspeed3 then you would with a cobalt. on average if in 5 years you sold a cobalt SS youd get it for maybe 8-10K if you sold a mazdaspeed3 5 years later youd get a bout 17k easily

Where are you getting that figure from? When has there been a turbo coupe worth only 8K on the market? It certainly won't be worth HALF of the MS3.

I'm really tired of people calling it **** because it's American. If you're just going to throw out random numbers, don't both. At least Siber is engaging in this well. You're just "LOL Chevy sucks." [:@]

FWIW: An '07 MS3 is worth about 20K right now. An '07 Cobalt SS is about 18K, and that's the Supercharged version. The SC lost value as soon as a turbo model was built.

jaimie08mazda3 01-04-2009 09:17 PM

LOOK AT THE GTP'S. back in the day when my buddy bought his GTP he paid 10 grand for it. it was 5 years old. after having it for like 2 years it turned into 4500. that is with 10k in mods. now granted that is a chevy *and i dont think chevy sucks. im just pissed off with the big 3 because my supposedly sure thing job turned into a hellish month* i dont wanna fight with you there VB i just can guarantee that basically if you drive yourself a Mazda instead of Chevy just because of the brand your gonna get more out of the mazda then the chevy when it comes time to resale (lets face it your not gonna keep the car forever are you?) if your gonna buy a car you should also reconsider the resale value so you get at least some money back in order to put an amount in a new car you are wishing to buy. i didnt say chevy sucks either.. i used to have a 91 blazer :)

VB 01-04-2009 09:29 PM

1. GTPs were garbage cars...with great engines.
2. My mom can have my car. It'll be around in our family 'til it dies.
3. I'm not a guy who buys cars halfheartedly...I plan on buying something I'll like until it dies.

jaimie08mazda3 01-04-2009 09:34 PM

1. just ****ty trannies *he had to put two in each of his grand prix's that he had loll*
2. sounds good wait doesnt your mom have a malibu too? or something like that
3. either am i, however my dad is and my dad has taught me all about this sort of stuff. therefore why i get this way

VB 01-04-2009 09:40 PM

1. Yeah, their trannies sucked more balls than Monica Lewinski.
2. My mom has an Impala...so you can see why she likes my Malibu. My sister is the one with the old Malibu.

jaimie08mazda3 01-04-2009 09:45 PM

1. WOW. that was like below the belt literally lmao
2. if she has an impala why the hell would she want yours :P

VB 01-04-2009 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

1. WOW. that was like below the belt literally lmao
2. if she has an impala why the hell would she want yours :P
1. Lmao I bet most of the Presidents did that...he was just stupid enough to get caught.
2. She's got the base Impala...steelies, no ABS/TC, column shifter. She has trouble parking it, she's a small lady. I want her to drive something a bit smaller and safer (she's a nervous driver). Plus her Impy has only 180HP to move a 3600 pounds frame...slow as balls, even compared to the Malibu (which ain't exactly fast.)

Siber Express 01-04-2009 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: VB

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

Aesthetics are subjective. The MS3 is cheaper than I thought...I must have gotten the 28K range from the MS6?

The way I equip them, they both come out to about 23K (no stability control on the SS...who needs that besides fools?). I wouldn't go for the big spoiler either (it's ostentatious) - the standard one is much better.

Fuel Economy:

Cobalt SS: 22/30
MS3: 18/26.

At least the SS has that.
Actually I put the Wing and Stability control on to even it out, since the MS3 has a wing and the stability control from the factory.
The Cobalt actually has a wing from the factory as well...the option they list is for the larger, more ostentatious wing. You've got me on the SM though. FWIW, most people wouldn't even give the Cobalt SS a second glance...I happen to like the styling. Tell you what Siber, I'll sit in both at the auto show when it comes to the Javits Center and give a first impression of them both.
I didn"t realize it had a small wing on it, so the price is pretty close and I would imagine that you could get the SS for less than the Speedright now with the GM pricing.
My buddy has a 07 and loves it. I myself have never been much of a GM person, but to each their own.

VB 01-05-2009 12:05 PM

Aesthetics are subjective. The MS3 is cheaper than I thought...I must have gotten the 28K range from the MS6?

The way I equip them, they both come out to about 23K (no stability control on the SS...who needs that besides fools?). I wouldn't go for the big spoiler either (it's ostentatious) - the standard one is much better.

Fuel Economy:

Cobalt SS: 22/30
MS3: 18/26.

At least the SS has that.
Actually I put the Wing and Stability control on to even it out, since the MS3 has a wing and the stability control from the factory.
The Cobalt actually has a wing from the factory as well...the option they list is for the larger, more ostentatious wing. You've got me on the SM though. FWIW, most people wouldn't even give the Cobalt SS a second glance...I happen to like the styling. Tell you what Siber, I'll sit in both at the auto show when it comes to the Javits Center and give a first impression of them both.
I didn"t realize it had a small wing on it, so the price is pretty close and I would imagine that you could get the SS for less than the Speed right now with the GM pricing.
My buddy has a 07 and loves it. I myself have never been much of a GM person, but to each their own.
Yeah, you could probably shave a grand off the top with the Red Tag stuff going on.

The standard wing is pretty subtle, but it does let you know it's not a regular Cobalt from a quick glance. The "high wing" just makes it look ricey, and will just slow you down anyway...

How accurate this is I'm not sure; maybe their drivers suck? It's something to think about.

Siber Express 01-05-2009 03:16 PM

Your right Vince, that wing is ugly [:'(]