Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

What Is Your Favorite Non-Mazda, That You"ve Owned

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Default RE: what is...

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

Tough decision, But since I have owned mostly Products made by FoMoCo I would say it would be a Ford.
i inspect parts for FoMoCo. they are **** parts i swear to god

Old 10-19-2008, 09:30 PM

What makes you say that Jaimie?

Your Mazda must have a ton of **** parts in it if that's the case....I'd put my 125,000 mile Taurus against any Toyota or Honda.

Those cars fall apart quickly here in the rust belt.

BTW....I bleed Blue.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:32 PM

its the fact i am quality control right. so i work on parts for FoMoCo and they are always calling us for defects they found. sad no?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:37 PM

I'm a Quality Engineer at Ford and if you look at the independent surveys of all brands Ford is on par quality with Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Scion, etc.

All companies have some defects in their products.

http://www.forbesautos.com/news/head...ty_winner.html

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/668939...j_d_power_and/

Old 11-05-2008, 05:48 PM

If I had to choose my favorite car that isnt a mazda.... I would have to say I totally loved my 1998 Taurus SE with the 3.0L 24valve Duratec motor. It had lots of get up and go.... but the trans was **** and it started slipping bad... and of course 98 was the only year they used that type of electronic transmission, so it was to expensive to fix.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:24 AM

Ideally I would love to have like top of the line executive class luxury car, a sporty luxury car, a pure exotic sport car and maybe a toy car (project car, that I will do all kinds of mods and weird stuff to it that I don't really give a damn). Realistically to be practical of what I can afford now, I can only have a somewhat of a sporty luxury car and a fun to drive car. Mazda is definitely my fun to drive car for mostly local commute or not so long distance travel. So my other favorite car is my 07 Acura TL (somewhat half sporty luxury car), for long road trip. I have always love Acura for its great handling, car design, tech gadgets and luxury combo with good value (although I m not sure about the new 09 generation of Acuras anymore, the styling kind of went backward and screw up I think). In order for me to feel the fun dynamic of driving with a car that won't break my wallet for now plus great car design, I have to say only Mazda fit that criteria for me.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: petroxg

Ideally I would love to have like top of the line executive class luxury car, a sporty luxury car, a pure exotic sport car and maybe a toy car (project car, that I will do all kinds of mods and weird stuff to it that I don't really give a damn). Realistically to be practical of what I can afford now, I can only have a somewhat of a sporty luxury car and a fun to drive car. Mazda is definitely my fun to drive car for mostly local commute or not so long distance travel. So my other favorite car is my 07 Acura TL (somewhat half sporty luxury car), for long road trip. I have always love Acura for its great handling, car design, tech gadgets and luxury combo with good value (although I m not sure about the new 09 generation of Acuras anymore, the styling kind of went backward and screw up I think). In order for me to feel the fun dynamic of driving with a car that won't break my wallet for now plus great car design, I have to say only Mazda fit that criteria for me.

wouldnt we all. id love to have a lamborghini but i cant lol. the 07 TL is beautiful for sure. my parents actually are all honda people. they useed to have a 02 TL. then the 04 MDX took the spot of the 98 accord V6 * i loved that car soo much*, then came the 06 MDX *good bye 02 TL*, and recently this year my parents traded in the 04 MDX and bought themselves a 09 TSX... however i cant drive it , they dont trust me lolll

Old 11-14-2008, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

wouldnt we all. id love to have a lamborghini but i cant lol. the 07 TL is beautiful for sure. my parents actually are all honda people. they useed to have a 02 TL. then the 04 MDX took the spot of the 98 accord V6 * i loved that car soo much*, then came the 06 MDX *good bye 02 TL*, and recently this year my parents traded in the 04 MDX and bought themselves a 09 TSX... however i cant drive it , they dont trust me lolll
That is true too. I canunderstand why your parents don't trust you with it, coming from someone that bought 07 TL brand new, only person I allowto drive is my wife (no choice by default)..lol! For the 1st year I had it, I won't let anyone drive including my own parents and siblings. But now that is already a year old, I started letting ppl drive my TL. Is not like this car is 100% perfert show room condition anymore. Wait a year, your parentsmight let you drive their 09 TSX then. BTW, I think the 09 TSX and current MDX are the best looking Acura right now, don't know what the heck Acura is thinking by putting those really ugly front grille on all the new redesign Acuras.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:12 AM

That is true too. I canunderstand why your parents don't trust you with it, coming from someone that bought 07 TL brand new, only person I allowto drive is my wife (no choice by default)..lol! For the 1st year I had it, I won't let anyone drive including my own parents and siblings. But now that is already a year old, I started letting ppl drive my TL. Is not like this car is 100% perfert show room condition anymore. Wait a year, your parentsmight let you drive their 09 TSX then. BTW, I think the 09 TSX and current MDX are the best looking Acura right now, don't know what the heck Acura is thinking by putting those really ugly front grille on all the new redesign Acuras.
much agreed however they let my brother drive it but they see me drive my mazda3 and they say i drive too fast.. true but still if its not my car im not gonna go ripping around and get a ticket. and personally i like the look of my dads mdx, and the 09 TSX is just an amazing beautiful machine. the 07 TL, is that completely loaded (navi, 6 spd, dark rims, and blacked out rear lights) cuz i loooove the look of that car. btw which mazda do you own?

Old 11-15-2008, 07:02 PM

much agreed however they let my brother drive it but they see me drive my mazda3 and they say i drive too fast.. true but still if its not my car im not gonna go ripping around and get a ticket. and personally i like the look of my dads mdx, and the 09 TSX is just an amazing beautiful machine. the 07 TL, is that completely loaded (navi, 6 spd, dark rims, and blacked out rear lights) cuz i loooove the look of that car. btw which mazda do you own?
Haha, I can understand how you drive your Mazda3, I mean how can you resist not drive like that given the fun dynamic of that car. Well if it is the TL Type-S you are refering to, no I don't have it, mine is just the regular TL loaded with Navi/technolgy package. I bought TL for long road trip comfort, convenience, luxury, greatvaluesand love the awesome car design, not so much looking into performance, so I wasn't looking into the TL Type-S. Besides TL turning circle sucks big time, still FWD (for sport luxury performace vehicle, itshould be RWD) and the fun dynamic of that car is no comparison to Mazda. I currently also drive a 99 Protege, don't feel like buying a 3 yet because I m still somewhat attached to my Protege, that car still run perfectly fine with 137K miles on it and still fun to drive, not as good as 3 but is good enough for now, don't wanna **** off wife for buying 1 new car after another and she is gonna think car is more important than her..lol! Plus, I let her drive the TL to work everyday and I take the Mazda instead...suit me better anyways for local commute. But I will not go on road trip on my Mazda though, not comfortable at all compare to TL.

Quick Reply: What Is Your Favorite Non-Mazda, That You"ve Owned