Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

What do guys think about kia?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Default RE: What do guys think about kia?

yeah. the copy of cars looks that is for sure. I think they are ok cars though! Noting to get excited about. There problably better then GM and Ford. hehe.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:39 AM

Hey guys!! I'm Korean but living here and I think I know little bit more about KIA and Hyundai than you guys.
I had a Hyundai Accent in 1990, 1996 and a KIA Spectra in 1997. Almost 10 years ago...long time..so
my point is believe me guys the quality of the both company's car is WAY~ WAY~ Much Much Better than my old days.
But I think still need more improvement of ride quality, engine, noise, durability, design, and personality.
I thought about buying a Hyundai Sonata before I decide to buy a Mazda 3.

Most of Koreans think that KIA cars are more rigid body than Hyundai and strong engine before they merged in one company.
Now overall quality is almost same since then.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: esloyer

personally i think kia is a cheap car. if your going to get a car, save your money for something that looks good and will perform well...
agreed, and as for the DIYers, these cars are much more difficult to work on (both huyundia and kia) when needed. God did I hate working on those cars... mazdas are much simpler. Also, there is a reason why kia and huyundai offer their 100,000 mile/10 year warranty... and that is that the cars are made not to last, but they get the buyers by thinking that the car will run forever (flawlessly cough cough [:'(]). That's all part of the marketing plan...

.... guess you won't be seeing me in any of those makers vehicles....

Old 10-29-2006, 11:26 PM

Kia and Hyundai are both Korean words for ****!! Id never let myself be caught dead driveing one... Like someone said before its like buying a noname brand food or electronic item... would you choose a koss cd player over a pionear one ??? I dont think so.... Cheap means cheap parts which means it breaks easily and doesnt fork out much hp! plus they are just so ugly!!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:34 PM

They are improving but are still not that great...and forget resale. You need a real cheap car you are going to throw away in a few years, kia is your brand.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:28 PM

i've always thought that kia was like buyin store named products... will never ever own one... they look cheap... yea in food might buy store brand but when my butts flyin like 80 mph NOPE.... sry my kids and my life r more impotant than savin sum money.... if u think about it... u really aint savin ne money cuz for all the repairs and stuff for the "off-brand" car.... ur porbaly better off gettin a name brand....

Old 11-21-2006, 11:56 PM

Several years ago, my GF went to a Kia dealer to test drive some small four door model. Two salesmen told her NOT to buy a Kia because "Over 50% of them are coming back with major engine problems." He said it would be wise to wait a few years until the company fixed some of the issues they were having. When a Kia dealer says not to buy a Kia, that's when you know they suck.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:09 PM

lol that's so funny!!! yea u know not to buy when a "CAR SALESMAN" says not to.....lol

Old 11-30-2006, 05:03 PM

Haha yeah kia is definatly turbo suck! They shouldent even pass safety specs... Its like getting a kenwood or a koss cd player instead of a pioneer or alpine... Big difference one might cost like 20 bucks but its gonna sounds like garbage!

Old 12-23-2006, 08:05 AM

Until seeing this post, I had'nt thought about Kia.

Quick Reply: What do guys think about kia?