Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Update on my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Default Update on my car

here's the info on my car. Bought her used from a mitsubishi dealership. She's my favorite color (blue) had an exhaust and rims, I fell instantly in love and didn't care how much she cost as long as i could get her in my payment range. Well she's in my payment range. I have a 6 yr loan i'm paying $25,000 for her and according to KBB.com she's worth $23,000 a few weeks after i got my car the previous owner contacted me on myspace, claimed he took great care of the car. Others told me he peeled out alot in it. Well he traded it in for an evo.

A month after i got my car she spent a week at the dealership getting a remanufactured engine. AFter that she would go in for minor things, plastic under car warping, fuel guage. Well monday of LAST week. I took her back to get her 2nd gear fixed. They told me the parts were in but after they opend it up they found more broken pieces. I knew nothing else until now..

now. she's in the shop for 2 weeks going on 3. I won't get her back until (if i'm lucky) next week sometime. According to them, she has a broken transmission. So it went from a broken 2nd gear to the entire transmission. I'm so upset, and frustrated. In the 5 months i've had my car total she's been in the shop for over a month.

I can't afford to get rid of her this i know, and i love that car don't get me wrong. Others tell me to smile she'll have a new engine, new transmission she shouldn't have any more problems but is this true? My mom said she should be worth more with the new engine and tranny. But i don't see how that's possible.

Anyways just wanted to update you guys on my car. I feel like it's been sucha long time I dont' even remember what she looks like. It's really upsetting me. I cant' even install my x-mas present my best friend got me, in her. It's really sad.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Default RE: Update on my car

Took good care of it, sounds more like he beat the crap out of it.
Sorry you are having so many problems with it, but with a new motor and trans it will be almost brand new.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not gonna reply to that statement until you divulge what the Xmas present is?

Well Ok, you're right. It won't make any difference in the value (imo) if the car has a new engine/transmission or not... too most.
It sucks that you are having these problems, and I feel your pain... really. But, you should've looked the car over (re: had a pro look the car over) before you succumbed to the temptation of the purchase. OK, so what's done is done, and that won't change now.

Have you gotten a second opinion of the condition of the trans, or are you taking one morons opinion of it? With all you've been through already w/this relatively new car I'd be questioning the people that are supposed to be helping you.
I think they're helping themselves, and at your expense!! Get a second opinion... NOW!!!

Old 12-28-2007, 07:31 PM

it's all under warranty and the dealership is fixing everything. They've been helpful it's just taking them awhile to put together this "delicate" tranny. I'm like o.k. whatever. yeah my stupidity for buyinga car i knew nothing about and didn't pay attention. Mistakes happen. Yeah the guy had to beat the hell out of it.

My best friend got me a 12in visonik subwoofer in an enclosed box w/ an amp.Nothing special but it is to me because he's my best friend. my other friend supposably got me the full blue l.e.d interior lighting set but i have yet to see that.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Well it's VERY good that it's underwarranty. You shouldfind the guy that raped your car before you owned it and nullify him into oblivion(re: castrate him)so that he won't pass on those genes to anyone else. F**king Jerk!!! (I've had a hard week. Does it show? Too many F**king stupid morons in this world.)

Old 12-28-2007, 07:59 PM

dude believe it or not the previous owner found me on myspace. I thought he was kidding but he knew everything about my car the number, location and name of the place i got it from without me telling him. so he was like he kept all the records up to date left previous work orders from oil changes etc in there, said he traded in for an evo, he "didn't" bald the tires. A friend of mine who knew him said he confessed to peeling out alot. well when i bought the car there were no fluids in it, no coolant, no oil etc I had to do that. i bought the car as is and it took me 4 months to get new tires. I think he was extremely hard on the car, knew he screwed it up and traded it. And because i"m not as aggressive and i like to race the problems are appearing for me. I've had a hard time getting it into 2nd gear since i bought the car, no one believed me til it finally really broke. then it went from a 2nd gear to an 'omg your tranny is completely broke' now i know for a fact i didn't break my car. And yeah i found out that my rx8 has a factory warranty til 50,000 miles or 2009 so i'm glad everything is breaking now it just sucks. it's gonna be a whole new car under that damn hood

Old 12-28-2007, 08:35 PM

Look at it this way, you're getting a brand new virtually zero miles $28,0000-ish worth Rx-8 for $25,000. $3000 off to wait a month. Sounds good to me.
[/align]

Old 12-28-2007, 08:36 PM
VB

When you told us about this car initially, I was afraid this would happen.

But look at it this way: it's like getting a heart transplant - your RX-8 will come back, probably stronger than ever with all the new shinies under the bonnet.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Well it's VERY good that it's underwarranty. You shouldfind the guy that raped your car before you owned it and nullify him into oblivion(re: castrate him)so that he won't pass on those genes to anyone else. F**king Jerk!!! (I've had a hard week. Does it show? Too many F**king stupid morons in this world.)

pms much there richard just kidding. i gota long *** work week ahead of me.. work today tomorrow sun mon wed fri sat sun and it goes on and on and on.. full time.. literally

Old 12-28-2007, 10:34 PM

that's what i'm hoping for that she runs better than ever. I mean everything will be new.

Quick Reply: Update on my car