Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Street Racing in Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Default Street Racing in Ontario

Here you go! This was on the CTV website

The Canadian Press
TORONTO -- An 85-year-old man allegedly caught driving at 161 kilometres per hour has been charged under Ontario's street racing law-- the oldest person ever to be charged under the legislation.
Police said the man was caught speeding early Wednesday on Highway 407 north of Toronto, where the speed limit is 100 km/h.
"He said he was going to the bank and shopping,' said Ontario Provincial Police Sgt. Cam Woolley.
Woolley also said snow and ice meant road conditions at the time were dangerous.
Under provincial legislation, drivers caught speeding in excess of 50 km/h over the limit can have their vehicle impounded for one week and be fined at least $2,000.
Police can also suspend the speeder's licence for a week.
While no other drivers were involved in Wednesday's incident, Woolley said the legislation is intended to crack down on all aggressive drivers.
"It got silly-- we were getting crashes at high speeds and the defence was, `well, if they weren't racing someone, then they weren't racing,' even though the consequences are the same.'
Police statistics show about 2,300 drivers across the province have been charged under the legislation since it was enacted Sept. 20, 2007.
While police data show the average age of offenders is 30, officers have also charged two 75-year-olds under the law.
Police say 83.9 per cent of the drivers charged have been male.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Default RE: Street Racing in Ontario

hahahaha thats soo gay.. 83% are guys. wow thats messed haha. hmmm thats probably because half of the women drivers use their uhm *features* to get out of a ticket! otherwise it would be higher :P. but yea this law is soo damn stupid.. look at how much money the government is making from this law.. i hope it gets banned soon!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 PM

your right about the male vs female there jaimie.

here's my opinion on males vs females.
men get into accidents from driving to fast, from racing, or from just being stupid.
women get into car accidents because they multitask while driving. ie, putting on makeup, talking on the cell phone, and eating lunch. all at the same time.

have you ever seena 17 year old girl behind the wheel of a car?? its a scary sight to say the least.....

and you wanna know where that guy in the story was REALLY going??
Country kitchen buffet. lmao

Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM

it was probably because his wife wouldnt make him breakfast.. so he got pissed off and drove fast to the buffet. and then cops nailed him. the 17-21 year old females that drive are the scariest damn drivers in the world. honestly i hear about a friend of mine getting her licence. im like soo when do you get it.. she says 8 months im like ohhhhhhh okay soo im seeling my car in 8 months LOL. scares the crap out of me.. another girl drives like an effin lunatic and another has to use a phone book to see over the steering wheel.. it scares me everytime i see a girl driving!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:38 AM

I don't want to seem sexist but you are right. I regularly seecar loads of young ladies touring around town and the driving is scary. I just wish the Insurance Companies would see this as well. It dosn't make sense to me that my Boss's Daughter ( who is 18) pays half the amount for insurance than her brother, who is 20. What is the reasoning behind that? Other than discrimination of course!!

Old 01-06-2008, 02:49 PM

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF SEXISM!!! ONCE AGAIN, IS THERE NE1 HOO WANTS TO JOIN MY PARTY OF MASCULINISTS!!! PM ME!! LOL

Old 01-06-2008, 05:39 PM

I TOLD YOU I WANT TO JOIN IT DAMMIT

Old 01-07-2008, 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF SEXISM!!! ONCE AGAIN, IS THERE NE1 HOO WANTS TO JOIN MY PARTY OF MASCULINISTS!!! PM ME!! LOL
I would but my Wife would kill me

Old 01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: cl8ton

I don't want to seem sexist but you are right. I regularly see car loads of young ladies touring around town and the driving is scary. I just wish the Insurance Companies would see this as well. It dosn't make sense to me that my Boss's Daughter ( who is 18 ) pays half the amount for insurance than her brother, who is 20. What is the reasoning behind that? Other than discrimination of course!!
I pay more than twice what my sister does. >_<

Old 01-07-2008, 03:45 PM

There has to be something you can do about that. It's just not right!

Quick Reply: Street Racing in Ontario