Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Rhino Ramps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 01:41 AM
Default Rhino Ramps?

I just bought these ramps, well the one I got are the 30 dollar ones but I think they will work just fine.

But I mean is there any problem with having these?

I think they will be great. I don't have the money to buy some jacks and jack stands. I don't know just wondering what every one thinks about these?

I would like some pros and cons.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...EBLZ%7C%7Etrue

Old 10-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Default RE: Rhino Ramps?

Have a set myself Alucard. Have used them for years at home for doing an oil change or even just to get the front end up to inspect or gain access to something. I have the 12,000 pound rated ones and I have put both the front and rear of our 4WD MPV on them as well as my 3/4 ton dodge truck. I think they are even safer than jackstands as they are more sturdy and will not tip over. Just make sure to block wheel that is still on the ground and/or brake on so it does not roll off with you under it and you should have no problems.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:17 PM

I would not have a problem with them either. You just can't do things like check brakes, or anything that has to do with removing the wheels.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:50 PM

Yeah I know that but for now I just have a little jack that I use to change my breaks with and for now as long as I am carefull that works just fine.

I use the rams the other day to change my oil and my fule filter for the first time and I just love them now.

I am looking forward to beging able to change my own Transmission oil.

[sm=groupwave.gif] YAY!!!!

Old 10-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Administrator

i have a set, and i dont think that i have ever used them...

Old 10-20-2005, 02:56 PM

LOL!!!! Really?

Man thats crazy

Old 10-21-2005, 05:31 PM

they look strong

Last edited by virgin1; 07-08-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Illegal (and broken) link in Sig
Old 10-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Administrator

well, until this year, i have always been near my dads performance shop, and we have racks...now, i have just been working on the ground.

Old 10-21-2005, 11:01 PM

oh yeah well that helps. I wish I had some one I knew that I could pay a small fee and when they had open space go work in there shop. I really hate doing my work in my Apt. complex I hate having people come up to me every time I work on my car. I had a kid try to run away with one of my fog lamps. Gosh I was so mad. But I have a guy that parks next to me, he has a Pontiac GTO and boy is that thing nice. He is really cool he always asks me what I am doing and asks if he could help me out any.

I just need some where I could work and may be use some really cool tools. Oh well like thats ever going to happen.

Yeah the ramps are great. The ones I have where only 30 bucks at autozone and they are rated at 8000lbs so yeah my car is only about 2000lbs so its great. I got under the car and wasn't even worried of it falling off the ramps or them breaking.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Administrator

what do you drive?