Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

The Police in Your Neck of the Woods?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: The Police in Your Neck of the Woods?

Well you might be right, but when I was still on my learner"s permit (don"t even try to guess the year ) I got pulled over by an unmarkedPa. Statey for failing to yield after he followed me for over a mile traveling in the left lane.
Being a new driver in training he did not write me up for it , but I never forgot that lesson either and take it seriously to this day.

That"s why I always make sure I"m traveling faster than anyone else on the road. ha-HA!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Pez

Race...

Their "black" in a "white people" town. So they feel they need to fix that I guess?

And don't you go trying to call me a racist... It's the truth.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

I don"t take that as a racist remark. I could see that happening, just as the reverse is often true.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:43 AM

Speeding? If you are going more than 10 over or passing the flow of traffic.
Complete Stops?
Your kidding, right
Illegal passing? See Above
Not yielding? See Above
Slower traffic to the Right? Is that really a law LOL
No front licence plate? 1 Plate on the rear, except commercial vehicles and then they don't bother you unless you go over the Scale.
Illegal Mods? If they see Blue Lights on your Personal vehicle you are busted.

My biggest Joke after I moved here was the lack of law enforcement, I have seen police passing the guy on the right going 50 in the fast lane of a 70 MPH freeway, I have seen 2 cars run a light after it is dead red, and a vehicle stop for the light that was in front of them with a cop sitting there waiting for the green light. The budget shortfalls for the State of Tennessee would be gone if the THP did its Job.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Pez

ORIGINAL: virgin1

I don"t take that as a racist remark. I could see that happening, just as the reverse is often true.
Oh trust me, where I lived in Georgia. If you where black, you where screwed.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:08 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: Pez

ORIGINAL: virgin1

"If you're black you might as well not show up on the street, 'less you wanna draw the heat."

Old 12-06-2008, 07:07 PM

Speeding? yeah 25 KM over. 50 over, car is GONE for a week as well as your licence
Complete Stops? my buddy got pulled over and got 3 demerit points for his troubles.
Illegal passing? umm i dont think so really. it may be like wtf, but no ticket
Not yielding? same as the one above
Slower traffic to the Right? same
No front licence plate? in ontario we need 2 licence plates otherwise i believe its a 100$ fine
Illegal Mods? (i.e. tint, licence plate covers and surrounds, add-on lights, etc....)
Or something else? hell yeah. the cops here love it. cuz they will crush the cars and have fun doing it

(*edit* I don"t like others using my signature "blue" font. Nah, just making your reply easier to read.)

Old 12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: VB
ORIGINAL: Pez
"If you're black you might as well not show up on the street, 'less you wanna draw the heat."
That"s ashame in this day and age. +/-50 yrs after Civil Rights and people still think this way. With all the other problems we have, that should be our least problem. Cops, black, white, or anyother color of the rainbow,should concentrate on more pressing problems.
My father was something of a racist (no hood or robe, thankfully.) Considering when/where he was born it"s almost understandable, the thinking inmany white communities of his time, but even as a young teenager it turned me off. When I was younger, I can"t say that I recognized it or knew any better.
We had one black family in our neighborhood and I was very good friends was the son, Arnold,well through HS until life finally took us in different directions, and the rest of the family too. I knew there was a difference (duh,) but it never bothered me. We just had a blast together.
End of speech.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:20 PM

You mean there are different colors of people
I was born in South Central Los Angeles, was raised 2 blocks outside of Watts Ca and have had most of my friends as either Black or Mexican all my life. I guess all I see are Red, White and Blue, as in American

Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 PM
VB

Back to the police topic...

My Evo buddy spent the past two nights in jail, had his car towed (to a yard in the ghetto), and had his license suspended. 160 in a 50, testing his new suspension setup on the highway. Pulled a gun on him and everything...[>:]

Quick Reply: The Police in Your Neck of the Woods?