Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Ok me just complaining.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Default Ok me just complaining.

I had a really long day today and I just wanted to vent...

I really don't like F350s, not the truch themselfs just having to change tire, rotoations, and toruqing them....

Arg... at 150 flbs on that toruqer wrench, on the second tire I am wanting to die....

lol I know I am just being a baby and I'll get over it but man that sucks so bad...

lol 60 PSI in each tire too.

blah

Old 03-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Default RE: Ok me just complaining.

I know exactly what you went through... I have a dodge ram that is the same way.

but heck, i dont have to deal with what you do on a daily basis, mine is every few months. But yeah, i definitely feel for you bro!

Old 03-17-2006, 12:03 AM

Me and my bud work a shop where all we do is fix trucks only and its a pain the *** all the time but atleast we get paid unlike school

Old 03-17-2006, 12:04 AM

Yeah we had a couple of Rams in the other day and they sucked putting tires on because we couldn't get the bead to sit with out the help of a cheata, its like a big air compresson gun that can shoot about 150-250 psi, when using it it feels like you just got kicked in the gut lol...

yeah for some reson the side walls just kind of suck sometimes, and don't get me started on those lugs they have on there. Most of them are crap when taking off the wheel. Trust me I think Doge trucks are great I would have one too if gas prices didn't suck. But yeah we have had to get new lugs on a few because the factory ones just suck.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:15 AM

yeah, any tire that size will create problems with those beads... they need to be sturdy to support the workload of the truck. that will never be fun... if only there were an easier way to tinker around with them.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:39 AM

lol yeah, but like I said befor not matter what I still love my job, even if it gets hard sometimes...

I couldn't be any happier now... lol

Old 03-17-2006, 01:46 AM

do you only do anything that involves tires?

Old 03-17-2006, 09:21 AM

I work for a company called Discount Tire, so yeah just tires and wheels for now.

I still have some experiacne in other areas though. I have a full year of training at a trade school in automotive tech I just wasn't able to finish my last year...

Old 03-17-2006, 09:53 AM

We work at a place called "auto repair" but the odd thing is as long as we worked there, weve only dealt with trucks

Old 03-18-2006, 03:33 AM

I took 3 years of Automotive Power Technology in high school... always had a new project to work on... even got to tinker around with a 2000 Porsche Carrera.... oh, and i had to take it back to the parking lot when it was finished being worked on because it was a teachers (but it wasnt a manual transmission )