Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

News: Where the Worst Drivers Live - 2009

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kemick10
im sorry! but no offense to anyone from AZ... but AZ drivers are deff. the worst!!! by far... i mean sh()EJF:IO, they have to have cameras on the sides of freeways to make sure theyre not doing anything stupid, and to ticket them for speeding.
haha. : )P

Old 07-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

I feel that driving in general has declined for a number of reasons.

1) Because of all the safety equipment built into cars now, people "feel" safer. They are in their own little world where nobody else exists and they are safe there.
2) Cell phones, navigation systems and stereos.
3) Many more cars on the roads.
4) DOT's so overloaded with requests for new licenses that they are simply pushing young driver's through who are not ready for traffic.
5) Cell phones, navigation systems and stereos.
6) American complacency and (speaking of North America here) self-centeredness (<<< is that a word?) That feeling that "I am more important than you. My time is more valuable than yours. GET THE H*LL OUT OF MY WAY!!" etc...
7) Cell phones, navigation systems and stereos. In short, anything and everything that will take your attention off the task at hand. Most people simply don't take driving very seriously and are not conscience of the consequences until it's too late.

I used to think driving had declined here in Texas until I went back to Pa (and New Jersey) for a visit. Frankly, it's just as bad there.
I used to think that Boston was the worst place I had ever driven. They WILL run you over if you get in their way, but the rest of us seem to be catching up... and FAST too!!

/rant.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:34 PM
VB

Originally Posted by virgin1

I used to think driving had declined here in Texas until I went back to Pa (and New Jersey) for a visit. Frankly, it's just as bad there.
I used to think that Boston was the worst place I had ever driven. They WILL run you over if you get in their way, but the rest of us seem to be catching up... and FAST too!!

/rant.
Driving the BQE a few times a week will shorten you life simply from stress.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Default Not surprised to see NY and MA so high on the list

The drivers in my state are so arrogant and inconsiderate ( CT ).
No wonder we're so towards the bottom. I go to Boston alot, and
the MA drivers are the worst are far as I'm concerned.

But I certainly agree with VLSTELLATO as far as Interstate 4 in FL.
I was going out of Daytona and I was doing 75 and I thought I was
going to get run over !

pwr14

Old 07-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Agreed, even though my info is a few years old now. Massatwosh*ts drivers are the most arrogant I have ever had to deal with... even over NYC drivers.
I've driven through Connecticut too, in fact my father grew up there, and imho they ain't got nothin' on Massatwosh*ts drivers.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 AM

Weird, you'd think younger drivers would pass w/higher scores, seeing as they finished the drivers test more recently...?!

Old 07-29-2009, 02:13 AM

I live in Cali and I m not surprise it is on the bottom 5. I was expecting California to be on the last spot. I don't know what u guys considered reckless or unsafe driving. Here in Southern Cali, especially LA, u know how u see it in the movies all kind of crazy car stuns and accident? Yea I seen it all almost over here.

(1) Had run into situation where I see the car went across 6 lanes high speed freeway to the exit driving perpendicular to the flow of the traffic just to exit last minute, not just once, but multiple times in action (not exagerating). Yea I almost think is impossible, but somehow I seen it happen in front of me b4. Personally know someone where her sister got into car accident thanks to a driver like that on freeway.
(2) Run into a Chevy Avalache lost control from fast lane on freeway and went across 4 lanes and slam into the Ford Taurus in front of me. They both flipped went rolling in front of me literally, I was 3 secs behind the Taurus in front of me, that incident is still fresh in my mind till these days cuz I was seconds away from getting my little Protege drag into this accident. I barely had enough time to steer my car to avoid it. I was so glad I went by the 3 secs rule that night.
(3) Had seen many times professionals business man/women in expensive suit and tie with expensive luxury car giving each other the middle fingers in the middle of the road almost running into each other.....lol...aren't we civilized?
(4) Oh not to be bias or prejudice. But some women/mom I know or my friends knows in Southern Cali, they think that since their hubby got them a nice luxury car, they can just drive without looking much cuz they think ppl will let them go/pass cuz they got the nicer car...like their logic?
(5) My best friend had ran into someone pulled a handgun pointing at him b4 on the road cuz he was driving a little too slow!!!

Just some stuff I recall atm to share of how unsafe or crazy Californian drivers are.