Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Modifications for a 6!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Default Modifications for a 6!

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum! I have a red 2006 Mazda 6i ( I think?) and I was wondering like what little things I could add to it that's not too expensive that would make it look cooler... Any ideas? And I'm a girl, so I don't want anything too manly either lol :P

Old 08-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Default RE: Modifications for a 6!

Hello, Im new to the mazda seen to. I just bought an 07 6. I ordered an cold air intake from injen around $280.00. I am in the works on an exhaust. I have ordered a set of 18" Akia rims with kumho rubber. Simple things to make it look different than any other 6!

Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: sparklesarefun

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum! I have a red 2006 Mazda 6i ( I think?) and I was wondering like what little things I could add to it that's not too expensive that would make it look cooler... Any ideas? And I'm a girl, so I don't want anything too manly either lol :P
If you have a 4-cylinder, then you've got the 6i. The 6s has a 6-cylinder...it'll say V6 on your trunk. Or you could just go by the cooler method: how much zoom ya got? 6i = enough to spin the tires a little, I think. 6s = more power and spin ability....less MPG, too.

The 6s is pretty quick, for a sedan anyway. I was pressed to keep up with one the other day...I've got a V6 Malibu. Too bad it was from a roll, I've got more low-end torque. [/rambling]

Old 08-29-2007, 11:58 PM

Forgive me for sounding so ignorant lol, but doesn't the intake make it go faster or something? And is it a visible thing? I don't know mcuh about cars lol, I'm sorry!

Old 08-30-2007, 12:44 AM

lol. no worries!!
at least ur trying!!

anywho, a cold air intake (CAI) is not visible from the outside. only when you open your hood. pretty much, it sucks the air (for the engine) from the fender. this air is colder, so it slightly increases horsepower. it wont make ur car any faster, but it will make a sweet sucking sound (slight whistle at certain rpm's), and it will even increase ur fuel economy if ur lucky.

but if you want a cheaper mod, then i would suggest painting ur stock rims black (or any colour you wish). that is, if ur stock wheel are alloys (not hubcaps).
red cars with black wheel look really nice!!

oh, and welcome to the forum!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 AM

Haha ok thanks! And how much do you think some decent rims would cost? Because I'm about to buy an alpine system for that and it's kinda pricey lol :/

Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 PM

Here s something REALLY simple, cheap and looks great IMHO.Go to Autozone and get some Dupli Color black high temperature spray paint. Go back home, open the hood, remove the screws securing your grille to your car, remove the grill, Aim the spray paint nozzel at the radiator and spray INSIDE the grill insert, if you need to, tape off the painted ( shiny red) areas of the car.
Make all the visible silver of the radiator and maybe the matte red crossmember (a bar givcing your car support) black, close the hood without replacing the grill and you have a cool look. Let me find a picture.

Before:

Afterkinda like this but less finished looking)

Or if you have some money to toss around. Go to Mazda and order a Mazdaspeed6 front bumper painted to match your color code.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:11 PM

hey, if you want the interior to look cool as well, something i look forward to doing to my 6 is some lighting. you can buy these LED or NEON tube for 10- 50 bucks depending on size and name brand that u can place under your dash that will light the floor mats up with brilliant color in your case most likly a red. You can also put it into your trunk.
Its relitivly cheap and easy to do and it makes your car cool at night when you open the doors.
But depending on the state you live in it might be illigal so i would just double check. in most states external neon is illigall but internal is a little more understated.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 PM

Ok cool, what else guys? More ideas, more ideas! lol :P

Old 08-31-2007, 10:36 AM
VB

If your 6 doesn't already have one, the OEM spoiler is a great visual boost for the 6. I'm not sure how much the dealers charge for it though, since I don't own a 6.

Quick Reply: Modifications for a 6!