Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

mazda rumors

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Default mazda rumors

i assume that, as mazda junkies, you all saw the prototypes that they put out at the north american car show last season. both of those cars are just drawing board cars and that's all that they will probably ever be, but the platforms are very real and are rumored to be used on a reissue of an old model in 2010. if you don't yet get my drift, i will go ahead and say that they are planning on using the platform for a new rx-7. this is all just rumor, but the fact that they are being so secretive about it makes it very real to me. the basics so far: the reason that they designed the engine compartments the way that they did in the protos is because they are planning on using the extra space for a revised version of the 13b. the plan for aspiration is an electronically assisted turbo that will be large enough to get good boost but will be assisted at low rpm's by an electric motor, so the turbo won't ever stop spinning. the interior is still left to the imagination, but the exterior is going to be a modified version of the rx8.

all rumors at this point, but, be on the lookout.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Default RE: mazda rumors

Rumors posted in Road and Track I might add, which is a good sign.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Default RE: mazda rumors

i think the fact that they are being so secretive about it and the fact that Road and Track is the one that got the story on it is a really good sign. i think that if they weren't planning on doing anything with it, they would have just issued a prototype instead of sat around and built a project. if they do, by 2010 my insurance will drop for the last time and i will be ready to have a small sportscar. especially if it is a turbo-rotary rx-7 with a factory warranty.