Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   let my "friend" borrow my car (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/let-my-%22friend%22-borrow-my-car-4544/)

timp 08-24-2006 06:51 PM

let my "friend" borrow my car

<rant>

my friend who lives in Alaska (we went to high school together) came down to Bangor, (my hometown) to visit his girlfriend and paid me $1200 to borrow my car for 2 weeks (a rental would have cost him like, $2200 apparently). So i figured that with that money i could get my bike back and start riding and pay some bills.

he's now had the car for a week and a half. I've been borrowing my uncle's 95 Talon because my VW doesn't run at the moment.

in the past week and a half he's managed to: get arrested because said girlfriend is like, 15 apparently but he got out of that once the parents figured out their daughter was with him and they dropped charges, he (and another friend of mine) ripped the cigarette lighter out of the dashboard trying to get the stock cd player out (what the f**k they thought that was going to accomplish is beyond me), blew my subs out somehow (probably the amp), and peel all the chrome off the rear passenger side wheel.

as if that wasn't enough, i got a voicemail from him this morning saying that "something happened to my car and he may need the title to get it back." now i can't get ahold of him to find out what. i imagine the car is impounded in NYC. i've never had a car impounded, i don't know what it'll take to get it back.

one thing is for sure, i'm not doing this kid any more favors... and that's if i manage to keep myself from beating him within an inch of his life whenever i get the car back (i'm supposed to get it saturday).

</rant>

sstlaure 08-24-2006 08:30 PM

RE: let my "friend" borrow my car

Sounds like he needs a good beating.

You may want to get a lawyer to get your car back faster. I wouldn't depend on him to get it back for you. I definitely wouldn't give this guy your title for ANY reason, it just makes it easier for him to sell your car out from under you.

What an a$$hole

esloyer 08-24-2006 11:02 PM

yeah, if i were you i'd show him whats up

bkey71 08-24-2006 11:50 PM

Murphy's Law "No good deed goes unpunished".:D

timp 08-25-2006 12:02 AM

found out that it was a DUI. after i told him like, a million times that if he drinks and drives with my car that i'm going to kill him.

i talked to my parents about it and my dad wanted to declare it stolen as well, but they've already looked at all that information and to just report it stolen now would probably sack us with insurance fraud or something like that, which is more **** we don't need.

the kid is supposed to let me know where the car is tonight when he gets my key and his cell phone and whatever else he had taken from him by the cops back at 11pm. tomorrow my mom and i will probably go to the city and get the car. i was kinda looking for an excuse to go to the city in the near future but this wasn't exactly my ideal reason.

we were on the phone and he was like "i probably just need a notorized note from your mom or something to get the car back" and i essentually said "f**k you, you're not getting the car back, you've already screwed it up enough in the week and a half you've had it. you're paying to get it out of heist and giving my key back and then i'm gone with the car."

i need to buy a gun.

sstlaure 08-25-2006 01:26 AM

I'd save the money for the gun for a lawyer....

I doubt he's going to pay you for any of the damages he caused to your car, I'd expect you'll have to take him to small claims court to get your money back.

To declare it stolen now would be lying and you could be charged with filing a false police report. Not a good idea.

Do yourself a favor and write this dude off and out of your life for good.

timp 08-25-2006 01:46 AM

more updates on the situation:

the car was not, in fact, impounded, the police were holding onto it. he got the dui while moving the car between parking spots apparently. the car is back in their posession but his license is suspended in new york state so his father is going to bring it back to the poconos tomorrow.

AlyssaC 08-25-2006 11:11 AM

timp, you've got the worst luck out of anyone I know!

westimports 08-25-2006 11:39 AM

Wow, that's some friend you've got. I don't think I could stop myself from beating the crap out of him. 'Cuz you know you're neve going to see a dime.
You might have to beat the crap out of his dad, too, if he doesn't offer to pay for EVERYTHING.

the_gray_mazda6 08-25-2006 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: AlyssaC

timp, you've got the worst luck out of anyone I know!
I was just going to say that... i've never seen so many things go wrong for one person in such a short period of time... I feel for you timp!

AlyssaC 08-25-2006 03:37 PM

For real...I think we should buy him a cake or something.

sstlaure 08-25-2006 05:33 PM

I think a good old fashioned military "bedsheet party" is in order for this guy.....(Watch Full Metal Jacket....you'll know what I mean.)

AlyssaC 08-25-2006 06:48 PM

I've seen Full Metal Jacket about 3 times...but I haven't recently. So, no clue what you're referring to!

Tracker 08-25-2006 07:06 PM

why do i have the feeling that ever since you joined this forum, **** like this keeps happening to you....tell me im not right timp

sstlaure 08-25-2006 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: AlyssaC

I've seen Full Metal Jacket about 3 times...but I haven't recently. So, no clue what you're referring to!
When Private Pile gets pinned to his bed by his sheets (4 soldiers holding the corners of the sheet down so he can't move...he's on the top bunk) Everyone in the barracks takes 1 swing at his mid-section with a sock loaded with a bar of soap in the closed end.....It was the thing that really pushed him over the edge in the movie.

timp 08-26-2006 11:00 PM

here's another fun one... i went into work the other day and my entire schedule has been eliminated... i've called my boss a bunch of times and heard nothing back. i haven't heard anything about being fired (i was late a couple times, but he and i chatted about it and i corrected the problem) so i have no idea what the deal is there.

bkey71 08-26-2006 11:55 PM

I'm starting to agree with AlyssaC and Tracker here...if it wasn't for bad luck you would have no luck at all!:D It seems as if you are jinxed.

87 turbo II 08-27-2006 03:35 AM

holy ****, if I ever borrowed a car I'd be VERY careful for the sole fact that it isn't mine but this guy seems to think that it not being his means he can do whatever he wants with it. Drinking and driving? taking out the CD player? peeling chrome off of the wheel? none of that is crap you can do on accident, that's all crap you do to a rental car when you're bored, not someone's private property this pisses me off. I am NEVER letting anyone borrow my car after reading this.

Tracker 08-27-2006 04:17 AM

aww man i wanted to borrow your car....darnit

87 turbo II 08-27-2006 07:27 PM

haha would a ride along suffice?

AlyssaC 08-28-2006 12:08 PM

Timp? Did u find out if u got fired or what happened?

timp 08-29-2006 04:47 AM

no, i'm gonna talk to my boss wednesday when i go in for my paycheck and if nothing comes of it, i'm quitting.

Tracker 08-29-2006 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

haha would a ride along suffice?
....no, you would probably drive like grandma, if you let me drive all i can say is this...i promise not to rip your clutch....to much

ORIGINAL: timp

no, i'm gonna talk to my boss wednesday when i go in for my paycheck and if nothing comes of it, i'm quitting.
Dude here's hoping things happen your way, and if things dont go your way i wouldnt mind taking a little trip down to PA and "fix" some of your problems for ya

timp 08-30-2006 01:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

ORIGINAL: timp

Dude here's hoping things happen your way, and if things dont go your way i wouldnt mind taking a little trip down to PA and "fix" some of your problems for ya
bring beer.

Tracker 08-30-2006 03:32 PM

what kind?

timp 08-31-2006 03:53 AM

oh, something that's indigenous to your area would be cool. i love microbrews.

Tracker 08-31-2006 10:16 PM

sounds like a plan...when does the part where we smash the glass bottles over your bosses head come in?

timp 09-01-2006 12:48 AM

yeah, i went in there today and he handed me my "last" paycheck and was like "later." so i went, "what exactly is going on here?"

he said that i was an hour or two late every day (i might have been an hour late once and let him know about it when i was) and he said it didn't seem like i gave a ****, so it wasn't working and "lets just call it quits."

i'm a little irritated, now i need to find a new job (and i have to move within a month too, but first i need to find a place to move into). rent's due tomorrow and as long as i get the paycheck i expect from my parents on friday, i should be able to cover it, but i've already been short enough on cash lately that i haven't been able to pay my school bill...

all this is why i need to sell my Ghia... to pay my bills to keep me from getting kicked out of school (and destroying my credit) and to start funding my wedding.

Tracker 09-02-2006 03:08 AM

dude at this point i dont know what i can say but damn, luck is def not on your side at all, i can only give a suggestion on what you could do, first drop your credit right now its not worth it (as i see it) you should move back in with your parents pronto, live off them for a while until you can financially support yourself, honestly id hold off saving for the wedding only so you can put more money towards your school payments. Then set aside a little for getting your own place (assuming you move in with your parents) and once you graduate more high paying jobs will open up for you so you can start saving for your wedding. If you do this and you car is still not sold whenever it does put it towards your wedding money, but if it does get sold before all this put atleast half toward school.

This is just my advice, not trying to run your life just helping out a friend

timp 09-02-2006 09:22 AM

my parents live 100 miles away from me, so i doubt that'd work out.

Tracker 09-04-2006 06:16 PM

......damn, got any nearby relatives?

timp 09-05-2006 12:48 AM

yes, but not who i could handle living with.

Tracker 09-05-2006 04:04 PM

well atleast you know you have somewhere to go if things start to go even worse

timp 09-05-2006 09:24 PM

hey, things just got even worse.

my fiance' called things off. apparently she wants to experience life herself.

Quadfather 09-05-2006 09:58 PM

Hey Alyssa, posts some more pics help a guy out here, Timp is down and something tells me he'd rather look at you than me LOL. Timp dude I don't know what to say. One way to look at it is things can only go up from here. Sit back whether inside or not, grab a pint of whatever you can get and start thinking of our Troops out in crazy land helping all of us. Think of the **** they're going through. Hell think what it must be like for Bin poopin or Ladin whatever, you could be livin in a fox hole, there is always, always someone worse off than you man. Keep up the posts we'll get ya through.

AlyssaC 09-06-2006 02:39 PM

lol...uhh... http://www.onemodelplace.com/alyssamr2 or, for better looking girls...go to www.bartontwins.com

timp...obviously you didn't have your life going for you the way it was supposed to. Try to experience new things...and go for what you've always wanted in life. And come to my Mazda meet. :)

Quadfather 09-06-2006 05:12 PM

How do you spell OH MY GOD. Come on Timp if that doesn't help, I don't know what to tell ya. Alyssa as for you "ouch", you better be carefull lying in front of cars like that. There is a lucky guy out there that must be having the f'ing time of his life, (around all those cars). LOL