Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

GM is going under?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Default GM is going under?

I was watching the news the other day and they said that the GM stalk is crashing to the ground and GM is talking about bankrupcty. Do you guys think it will happen? I hope it gets really close to happening so GM will start to build there cars with quailty again. look at most there cars they look the same, grand prix, grand am, G6, GTO, those all have the same nose. plus they will use the same engine forever.

Old 10-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Default RE: GM is going under?

yeah, although I like pontiac. The grand am has looked similiar for almost ten years. The GTO is cool, but it looks too plain. Its a fast car, but when I look at it I just laugh. Thats the best they could do. The Solstice is wicked awesome! I do not think GM will go under. Maybe Mazda will buy their rights. That would be cool! The chevy's are butt ugly in my opinion. Then you got Buick and Cadallic and saturn. I think GM will be ok.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:36 PM

GM is not going under, it is one of their suppliers, Delphi that is having trouble. One of the most popular products we see is the XM radio, made by Delphi. Besides, I don't think Mazda will have anything to do with GM since Ford already owns part of Mazda and has for many years.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:11 PM

yea i like to think of the gto as a pontiac grand am with 350 hp haha

Old 10-19-2005, 02:21 PM

hopefully forever [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Last edited by virgin1; 07-08-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Illegal (and broken) link in Sig
Old 10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
roo

ORIGINAL: mazda guy

I do not think GM will go under. Maybe Mazda will buy their rights. That would be cool!
That would be a slap in the face to GM, since Ford owns Mazda...as well as Jaguar, Volvo, among others.

Old 10-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Administrator

i dont forsee it happening.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:28 PM

chances of mazda being affected dramatically are slim to none. mazda is a very popular automobile that is emerging and if you ask me, emerging over the american made cars that started this society (ford, etc.). dependence on mazda will lead manufacturers to rely on them haha.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:17 PM

Fact is Ford owns 34% of Mazda and Ford has been slumping as well and needs cash . Mazda on the other side has rejuvenated with the zoom-Zoom concept and it badly wants to buy back it's independence it once had .

Right now in the 6 we have a Ford Duratec block engine , but most internals are Mazda's with parts that include magnesium ! Nice . Mazda has also taught Ford how to build stiffer Mustangs in the process ; so it's a win win situation when big manufacturers exchange their knowledge this way . At the same time they are limited by the other one's shares in the saying , also .

Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 AM

???
I own a ford!
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Quick Reply: GM is going under?