Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Germany: Mazda tops Auto Bild quality report again....

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Default Germany: Mazda tops Auto Bild quality report again....

Nice.....

Mazdahas topped German automotive magazine Auto Bild's 'Quality Report' for the third year in a row, ahead of 24 car brands including second-place Toyotaand domestic luxury brands Mercedesand BMW.

First conducted in 2001, the quality report evaluates vehicle brands using seven criteria - endurance tests, car owner surveys (22,795 Auto Bild subscribers), recalls, Germany's TÃœV Report, customer complaints made to the magazine, type of warranties and the quality of dealers based on secret service tests.

Germany is Europe's largest new car market with annual sales of around 3m units.

According to Mazda Motors Europe, its quality was evident in all aspects of the survey with especially strong results in categories reflecting long-term quality: on the TÃœV Report (for cars that are two and three years old) and on the magazine's 100,000 km endurance test - where the 5 minivan/MPV is currently half-way through with no breakdowns. The 6- due for a redesign soon - has been ranked first since 2004, being the only car ever to come through with no breakdowns in the magazine report's history.

Mazda also scored high on the owner survey for low repair frequency and high body build quality, which enabled the brand to improve on last year's result.

Results reflecting customer satisfaction and warranty performance were once again very positive, the automaker said in a statement.

http://www.just-auto.com/article.aspx?id=91587

Old 06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Default RE: Germany: Mazda tops Auto Bild quality report again....

Another reason I'm proud to throw "Mazda" into those "this car is better than that car" arguements my friends make. They never believe me when I throw in the facts and acomplishments of Mazda, or they say "So what? The new Mustangs look badass" or w/e.My favorite statistic that NO ONE BELIEVES. Mazda is the leading manufacturer in professional and amature automobile racing around the world (based on registered racing information).
I.E. there are more Mazdas on racetracks than any other brand.