Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

CB?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Default CB?

Does any one know how much CB's run for? Also are they hard to install and hook up?

Just wondering. I do some long distant trips some times and I all ways wanted to be able to listen/ talk on the CB. I got to do that when I was young and loved it.

Any way just wondering thanks.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Default RE: CB?

A CB radio is as expensive as you want to go. You can get a basic setup for less than $100. Go to some truck stops to see what they have. It depends on the options and features of the radio, just like a car. Some places offer a package with radio and antenna. I have not checked into CB in more than 15 years. They are easy to hookup to most any vehicle. Just hook up the pos and neg leads to the battery, do this to reduce RF noise. The most important part of any radio is the antenna, it will make or break the system. You can have a top of the line radio with a $5 antenna and it will sound like $hit. Invest the money more into a better antenna is what I am trying to say. A good magnetic base antenna would work great. Be careful where you route the coax through, not to damage it. You can also check prices on ebay to see what average prices are.

Old 12-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Administrator
Default RE: CB?

i have one of those cheap emergency CBs in the motor home (came with it) and we bought a decent antenna, and it works well, and is very compact