Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own. (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/cars-youve-owned-currently-own-11664/)

sstlaure 12-01-2007 07:08 PM

RE: Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.

My father worked for GM when I was growing up, so until I joined Ford in 2000, I drove GM's.
I now exclusively drive Ford company products (I include Mazda in this category.)

I didn't go to GM because I wanted to succeed on my own, not by having my father help me out.

jaimie08mazda3 12-01-2007 07:11 PM

except for the subaru

sstlaure 12-01-2007 07:13 PM

Bought before I worked for Ford (and it was my wife's car.) Sold a few years back.

jaimie08mazda3 12-01-2007 07:17 PM

but you still had it when you worked for ford. HA. i win... and yet right now im not sure what i am achieving by saying this. ahhh well its all in good fun

Siber Express 12-01-2007 07:38 PM

Cars I have owned 0r still have
51 Chevy 3 door Panel Wagon, Ford 302 Boss Powered
71 Toyota Corona
72 Ranchero GT (First car)
72 Gran Torino Sport
72 Gran Torino Sport Fast Back
72Gran Torino Custom 9 second Station Wagon
73 Gran Torino Sport
74 Bronco
79 Bronco (won it in a Radio Contest)
76 F100
76 F250
78 T-Bird
87 F250
93 T-Bird (Still have it)
2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer
2000 Explorer Sport with a Mountaineer Front end (Just sold that when I got the M3)
2002 Explorer Limited (Lemon Law Buy Back)
2003 F150 XLT/STX ( My Show Truck)
2007 Mazda3 s 5 Door (My DD)

As you can see, everything I have ever owned (Except for the Yota)has had some Ford influence

jaimie08mazda3 12-01-2007 07:39 PM

i noticed. my dad never had a ford. he had one dodge caravan but thats it.. only hondas for him.. hmmm

virgin1 12-01-2007 08:23 PM

That's a lot o' Ford's,Siber!!! That's more thansst has owned and he works for Ford.
Won one of them in a radio contest huh? That's cool, and you must be lucky! Was that a big bodied Bronco, or the Bronco II?

jaimie08mazda3 12-01-2007 08:37 PM

the big bodied bronco would be sweet. the bronco II on the other hand... it looked different. reminds me of uncle buck LOL. "I got a brand new Bronco out in the parking lot... RED."

dentinger 12-01-2007 08:57 PM

lets see...

first mode of transportation that i bought myself was a:
Diamondback mountainbike. it was a hardtail, and i think i paid $500 for it, and invested another 5 or 6 hundred in it.
it got stolen while i was at work.

next i bought a Norco Bigfoot. also a hardtail. i think i paid about$900 for it, andonly replaced the pedals on it.everything on it is beefy. i still own this bike, but ever since i bought my car, it doesnt get used to much.i think i used it under 20 times this year.

then i bought a '92 Civic hatch. modded. B16 swap, 17" wheels, aftermarket sideskirts/rear bumper. a loud as f*ck exhaust, 5spd, gsr swapped everything.
i paid $5400 for it. wat a big mistake that was.
i went to go buckle up when i got the car, and there was no buckle, i was like, wtf? the seats were really half assed with the install, and rears didnt even fit. the stereo barely worked at all. i tihnk 1 speaker played music. it wouldnt pass the etest to save its life.

so then i went new car shopping with my dad. of course, we test drove a '06 civic, and i liked it. but the mazda3 was cheaper.

i sold the civic to mazda for $1500. i was f*cking pissed. i lost $4000 in about a month. this happened over a year ago, and since then, ive yet to have over $1000 in my account.
always do your research kids.

now i drive a nicely modded Mazda3. rims, full exhaust, lowered, yadda yadda yadda.

i'll post pics later on

jaimie08mazda3 12-01-2007 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: dentinger

lets see...

first mode of transportation that i bought myself was a:
Diamondback mountainbike. it was a hardtail, and i think i paid $500 for it, and invested another 5 or 6 hundred in it.
it got stolen while i was at work.

next i bought a Norco Bigfoot. also a hardtail. i think i paid about$900 for it, andonly replaced the pedals on it.everything on it is beefy. i still own this bike, but ever since i bought my car, it doesnt get used to much.i think i used it under 20 times this year.

then i bought a '92 Civic hatch. modded. B16 swap, 17" wheels, aftermarket sideskirts/rear bumper. a loud as f*ck exhaust, 5spd, gsr swapped everything.
i paid $5400 for it. wat a big mistake that was.
i went to go buckle up when i got the car, and there was no buckle, i was like, wtf? the seats were really half assed with the install, and rears didnt even fit. the stereo barely worked at all. i tihnk 1 speaker played music. it wouldnt pass the etest to save its life.

so then i went new car shopping with my dad. of course, we test drove a '06 civic, and i liked it. but the mazda3 was cheaper.

i sold the civic to mazda for $1500. i was f*cking pissed. i lost $4000 in about a month. this happened over a year ago, and since then, ive yet to have over $1000 in my account.
always do your research kids.

now i drive a nicely modded Mazda3. rims, full exhaust, lowered, yadda yadda yadda.

i'll post pics later on
i just hit 1200 last week :) :) :)