Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
Default Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.

Here's a thread to list the cars that you currently have in your stable, or have owned.
Tell us what it is/was, and a little bit of information about it. i.e. Experiences, mods, personal stories, and feelings about.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Default RE: Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.

my first car was a 1995 eclipse rs. i loved that car cuz it saved my life... my second car was a 94 2dr civic. i hated that car... i only got it so i can learn to drive stick.. omg how i beat on that car.. lol.. kept it for 6 months and sold it for the same amount i bought it for.. lol.. thennn 6 months later i get my love!!! my mazdaspeed 3!!!!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:59 AM

2007 Mazda3 s, My Daily Driver, nothing done to it but the Silver Stars in corners in front and the front License plate bracket is removed (still need to do something with the holes)

2003 F150 XLT/STX, Super Cab, Flareside with a 5.4 motor,it is 1 of 144 built in its configuration.
It is lowered 3/4, shaved the emblems and the Antennae on the fenders, Ghost flamed, K&N CAI, SuperChips Tuner, removed almost all of the chrome, 800 watt amp for the door speakers behind the stock Kenwood z828 HU, ADR Sterling True Diamond Cut 18X8.5 wheels wrapped with 275/55R18 Toyo Proxies ST tires and a whole lot more.

1993 Thunderbird, last year of the 302, putting it back together slowly but surely.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:30 AM
VB

2004 Toyota Corolla: I learned to drive on this car, and I loved it at first. It felt like a go-kart, but that gets annoying after a while...you need to be really gradual on the throttle with this car, or you'll get an annoying jerk. After a while I hated it...at 5000RPM, it sounded like a dirt bike, plus the steering was way too heavy for such a light car.

2004 Chevrolet Malibu: I wanted to hate this car (I had originally bought a Mazda 6, but it turned out to be a lemon of sorts), as it wasn't my first choice. I was also biased against American cars. However, the first day I brought it home from Jersey, I dropped my foot for the first time. My complaints disappeared...it's nice to actually have torque for once! Keep in mind, every other car I've driven had no real torque - '04 Corolla, '00 Malibu (used to have torque..before my sister ragged it), '02 Impala (had that Chinese 3.4L...terrible).

Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Idon't know if this will go through as one post, but here goes....
Since I am older than most of you, my list will reflect that. I’ve got you all beat.
Are you ready?
1) 1957 Chevy, 210, 2-dr. sedan[/b]: My first car. Repainted “Root Beer” brown, not my first choice. It had a dying 283 and a 3-sp w/Hurst, from an older “Vette.” It also still had the stock 4:10 rear gears from the original PowerGlide tranny. I installed a rebuilt 300hp, 327, 4 bbl. With a 12 gal tank and 9.5mpg, I filled up this car every 2 days.
2) 1960 Chevy Corvair[/b]: A quick replacement for the ’57. It cost me $75, I drove it for only 3 months and was the ONLY automatic I have ever owned. I used to have to put a quart of oil in this beast every other day. The original 2-sp PowerGlide was so bad that you had to wait for it to engage after moving the lever to “D.” It lasted me less than 3 months.
3) 1967 Opel Kadett Rallye[/b]: [/b]Red w/matt black out hood and racing stripes… down the sides. 1.1L, dual Solex carbs. Good for about 68 "advertised" hp on a good day. I was stylin’ in this one. This car had the distinction of not only having folding seat backs, but the whole seat folded up and forward. GREAT for the Drive-in. and yes, my girlfriend at the time was more than happy to oblige. It also had the this little teeny horn button on the end of the turn signal stalk.
4) 1965 Volvo 1800S[/b]: 1.8L, dual SU carbs, 4-sp w/elec OD. Black w/red leather. The only black car I have ever owned and I won’t make that mistake again. I didn’t know what to do w/an oil temperature gauge at the time as I had never seen one before, especially as a factory install.
5) 1968 “Datsun[/i]” 520 Pickup truck[/b]: 1.3L, 4-sp. While I didn’t know it when I bought the truck, it had factory rubber overload blocks on the rear suspension. You could get it into a hard corner and it would lean over on these blocks and proceed to slide out… in a very controlled way. I installed a Lear brand AM/FM/Cassette player and a manually operated power antenna.

Here’s where things get a little hazy for me. By now I was in the car business and driving many different cars, but I’ll do my best.

6) 1963 MGB[/b]: Early BRG/black. I bought this car as a rolling chassis. Someone had repainted it a hideous (for an MG) silver-blue color. I had it repainted the original (early) BRG, sealed up the outside gas cap, and installed an engine and 4-sp from a ’66. I also had to rewire the entire car which is not unusual for a British roadster or anything British for that matter. I still wonder why I sold this car, except that it may have been the constant repair, adjustments and upkeep.
7) 1970 MGB[/b]: Red/black, 4-sp. For a British car I did very little to it. A complete rewire was in order (that drove me nuts w/this car.) It had the distinction of having had Jaguar 53 spoke chromed wire wheels. I didn’t keep it that long and actually preferred the ’63 to this one.
8) 1967 Volvo 1800S[/b]: Red/black leather, 4-sp w/elec OD.
9) 1963 Volvo P1800[/b]: White/white vinyl. This car was a rust bucket and ended up being a donor for the 2 other 1800’s I still owned.
10) Several other 1800’s[/b]: (2 or 3. I don’t remember exactly) Some were parts cars and some were runners… however briefly.
11) 1968 Volvo 144S[/b]: Dk. Green/Saddle. I didn’t expect to like this car and bought it along w/2 other 1800’s [/b](see the ’67 & ’63 above,) in anticipation of another deal that fell through, but I liked this car. Eventually, I dropped it 2”, installed KYB Rally shocks, wider wheels and tires, custom (designed by me) suspension and steering bits to compensate for the drop. I later installed a rebuilt B20B, had a lightened flywheel made for the car also and installed a shifter and tranny tunnel from one of the 1800. I also installed a center console from a 164, and a BMW by Blaupunkt stereo w/Jenson speakers. I autoXed and Street/Club Rallyed this car.
12) Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits[/b]: I owned a number of VW Rabbits from '76 to '84's, though never a GTI.Itstarted w/a ’76 Special “Golf” edition Rabbit. Orange/black, 4-sp. Golf ball shift ****, passive belts, and “knee” bar. The car had been crashed and had frame damage the extent of which I was unaware of. I drove it for a while and sold it…at a loss, of course. Over the next several years I bought and sold several (4 or 5 at least) of the beasts to make a little extra money. I had a friend that owned a foreign car junkyard and when a prospect came in, he’d call me to come have a look at it. It worked out well for both of us.

[font=calibri][size=3][font=calibri][size=3][color=#000066]13) 1972 VW Bus[/b]: Green & white over cream interior. 1.7L Porsche pancake engine, dual Solex’s. What a POS. After much trying to improve this vehicle, I realized that it was not for me and sold it within a year.
14) 1982 Datsun/Nissan Stanza[/b]: Another mistake. Burgundy/red, 5-sp. Window louvers, Plus1 wheels/tires, a rear sway bar, porting and polishing the head/intake and a new carb did nothing for this POS. The engine blew a head gasket and so did I. I sold the SOB at a HUGE loss.
15) [size=3][font=calibri]1980 Honda Civic (Inga[/i])[/b]: Blue/blue, 5-sp. To this day, STILL my all time favorite car. No matter what I did (mods) to this car, it responded. No matter how hard I drove it, and I drove it hard, it NEVER let me sit. A few mods (mild cam, distributor advance re-curve, carb jet mods) brought the power up to a reasonable level (I’d guess around 90+/-) but it only weighed a little over 2K with a full tank of fuel and me onboard. The short wheel base and light weight meant that it turned quickly and responded to everything w/great agility. I loved it. I installed Kokico struts all around, a rear sway bar, the bigger b

Old 12-01-2007, 02:28 PM

wow richard thats a list of cars.. for me ive technically only owned the mazda3. i drove around in an EL for 4 months and my parents MDX's haha. but no this is technically my first car. the mazda3 GS 5spd have loved iand still love it. just driving it makes me feel good.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:04 PM

1974 Bronco (money pit - 5 year project racing vehicle gone out of control) - current
1982 Chevy Conversion Van (******* wagon...parents loved me pulling up to pick up their daughters in that one.)
1984 Chevy cavalier (beat the **** out of this car and it took everything I had)
1984 Toyota 4Runner (owned 3 months....planned as project beater, but fell apart.)
1987 Chevy S-10 Blazer
1989 Chevy S-10 Blazer
1991 Chevy Camaro
1993 Chevy S-10 Ext Cab (5" lift, 32" mud tires....awesome.)
1996 GMC Jimmy
1998 Chevy ZR2 Blazer
1999 Subaru Outback (wife's car)
2000 Ford Taurus (current)
2001 F-150 Supercrew 4wd...loaded, beautiful truck
2004 Mazda6 Sportwagon (current)
2005 Mazda3i Sedan

Old 12-01-2007, 03:41 PM

something tells me you realllly love the chevy trucks lol.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

What tipped you off?

And worse yet, this coming from a Ford seat engineer. [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-01-2007, 05:25 PM

he has 3 ford products and a sea of chevy's. something tells me that you picked the wrong company to work for loll..

Quick Reply: Cars That You've Owned, or Currently Own.