Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Cars that should be junked

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by tracker
i cannot condone the purchase of vehicles that are harmful to the eyes. These cars are offenders of said statement and are in no particular order. Optical vision upon these vehicles can cause some of the following: Lose of vision, diarrhea, vomiting, unability to control the urge to run vehicle off the road, and the worst is saying "well its growing on me" try to stay with vehicles years 98 and up and cars that are stock.

Newer miatas (stock ones)
2010 mazda 3 and speed3
2010 ford mustang
2009 ford focus
2010 lincoln mkt
2009 mercury xc70
2009 honda civic mugen
2010 honda insight
toyota prius (all years)
2010 acura rl, tl, tsx, rdx
chevy aveo, hhr (all years)
2009 kia rio
2010 kia soul
hyundai accent (all years)
hyundai tiburon (older than 08)
nobody listed the new smart car!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:25 PM

did we say yaris yet? cuz if not its also added

Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 PM

Wow lots of hater for 2010 Mazda3. I agree with most of the cars mentioned here except for 2010 Mustang and 2010 Mazda3. Yea you heard that right, I actually like the 2010 Mazda3. And yes I have see them in person every single day cuz 2 of my neighbors got one and I actually been in them. Just my taste.

As for 2010 Mustang, I don't think is ugly enough to make us puke. Is not great, but is not horrible either. I m no fan Mustang, but I don't think it bad enough to be in the list.

I so agree with all the Acura new fugly grill. I have a 07 Acura TL, boy am I glad I bought that one instead of the new 2010 TL.

What I think should be added to the list are everysingle models there is of Toyota and Honda. I hate to say this, but I am seeing the downfall of Toyota and Honda for the next decade if they don't get their act together soon. They both sure are losing touch with their car design, nothing but fugly cars and SUV coming out from them these days.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tracker
I put the 2010 mustang up there is because they tried to put the new challenger front end on it with a pony on it and the rear is just wrong all wrong, pretty much the boxy style mustangs dont follow the org style which was way better...and thats comming from some1 who hates stangs, also i think its s joke that they put out the v6 stangs haha its not a real stang unless it has a v8.

As for the SHO its also a dissapointment, a classmate that has the older one was going to look into buying one went to a local dealership and he said he was dissapointment, stating the SHO looked like a lowered minivan and it was just too bulky.
Not sure what he was looking at to call the SHO a lowered minivan. It's definitely a big car - bigger than the competition. The Fusion competes with Camry/Accord - this is meant to be larger than those. I was in Chicago Assembly yesterday admiring the SHO.

I admit I wasn't a fan of the 2010 Mustang taillights, but they've grown on me. It looks especially sweet in Shelby GT500 trim.

Attached Thumbnails Cars that should be junked-2010-taurus-sho.jpg   Cars that should be junked-2010-taurus-sho-interior.jpg  
Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 PM

If you go on the Ford website the first pic shown of the SHO from that angle looks like a lowered minivan. But thats not the point, from i what i was told by people who went and test drove the vehicle there response was "i was a little let down" they stated that the car was way to big, the interior was nice but they just described it as a wanna be luxury car, the two people i talked to that got to take one on a circuit track stated that the AWD was needed since the car swayed so much. As for the power it just felt boring, there was a low or mid range kick they expected which isnt a really bad but it just felt slow and sluggish.

As for the 2010 Mustang i put it up there is because what people wanted it to represent it did not, as far as the base models go.

The 2010 Mazda3 definitly belongs on this list due to the numerious flaws it is, the whole "areodynamics" bs they tried to push on us is a joke, would someone like to explain to me how something that is bulkier and heavier better? And dont even get me started on the interior of it, basically the whole car is a mix and match of many other cars inside and out, the only thing thats on there that does not like a part from another car is the front end.....which is the worst part.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by vlstellato
nobody listed the new smart car!!!!!!!!!!
That's cause we try to ignore their existence....though I gotta admit a super smart would be a hoot to drive once.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by CKeffer
That's cause we try to ignore their existence....though I gotta admit a super smart would be a hoot to drive once.
Not only are they UGLY but there are also a DEATH TRAP! A friend of mine went to buy one when gas prices got near the $4 dollar mark and you wouldn't believe the waiting list was a year out, people where also paying above retail for these cars.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:41 PM

honestly, they are utterly pointless. The Nissan versa gets better gas mileage, has more power, has a back seat, has a trunk, AND is cheaper...only problem is, its still ugly.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 PM
VB

And so, Cameron, to you I introduce my solution...

Old 09-17-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by sstlaure
Not sure what he was looking at to call the SHO a lowered minivan. It's definitely a big car - bigger than the competition. The Fusion competes with Camry/Accord - this is meant to be larger than those. I was in Chicago Assembly yesterday admiring the SHO.

I admit I wasn't a fan of the 2010 Mustang taillights, but they've grown on me. It looks especially sweet in Shelby GT500 trim.
I agree with you. I don't see how SHO is a lowered minivan. And the 2010 Mustang taillights does look kind of cool, but the front is still kind of ugly though.

Speaking of the new Fusion, I think it is better than both Camry/Accord in almost every way. For all I know is they are selling like water. I m tired of seeing all these ugly Camry/Accord everywhere I go, is about time we get some variety on the road.

Quick Reply: Cars that should be junked