Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   Cars that should be junked (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/cars-should-junked-19739/)

Tracker 08-09-2009 07:56 PM

Cars that should be junked

I cannot condone the purchase of vehicles that are harmful to the eyes. These cars are offenders of said statement and are in no particular order. Optical vision upon these vehicles can cause some of the following: Lose of vision, diarrhea, vomiting, unability to control the urge to run vehicle off the road, and the worst is saying "well its growing on me" Try to stay with vehicles years 98 and up and cars that are stock.

Newer Miatas (stock ones)
2010 Mazda 3 and speed3
2010 Ford Mustang
2009 Ford Focus
2010 Lincoln MKT
2009 Mercury XC70
2009 Honda Civic Mugen
2010 Honda Insight
Toyota Prius (all years)
2010 Acura RL, TL, TSX, RDX
Chevy Aveo, HHR (all years)
2009 Kia RIO
2010 Kia Soul
Hyundai Accent (all years)
Hyundai Tiburon (older than 08)

virgin1 08-10-2009 05:37 PM

I have to agree with most of your choices. However, I personally would modify:
ANY year/model Lincoln from the 1960's on up. UGLY!!! And if my BIL's 84 is any hint, very unsatisfying to drive and rear view side mirrors that are useless.
And, you forgot the Honda Element, The Scion xB, the "New" Beetle, almost anything French or Russian, etc.
The new Acura's are most ugly from the front, IMO. That new grill/look really doesn't do them justice.
I really am not enamored of anything Toyota has come out with either. The new "bull-nosed" look really ruins the overall look of the car otherwise, IMO.

wsoape281 08-10-2009 07:50 PM

the only one that i disagree with is the 2010 mustang. i think it looks pretty good.

i would add the new taurus sho. 37k for a taurus??? come on.

VB 08-10-2009 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by wsoape281 (Post 96376)
the only one that i disagree with is the 2010 mustang. i think it looks pretty good.

i would add the new taurus sho. 37k for a taurus??? come on.

You could buy a decent beemer for that cash.

Tracker 08-11-2009 02:37 AM

well actually i just posted this up to vent a little cause me and a couple of friends were arguing about it and a few coors lights later i just up and posted a very uncomplete list of fugly cars, i was gonna delete it sooner or later but i might see where this goes and keep it for fun.

New editions:

PT cruiser
Crossfire
New Srt-4 calibur

VB 08-11-2009 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 96391)
well actually i just posted this up to vent a little cause me and a couple of friends were arguing about it and a few coors lights later i just up and posted a very incomplete list of fugly cars, i was gonna delete it sooner or later but i might see where this goes and keep it for fun.

New editions:

PT cruiser
Crossfire
New Srt-4 caliber

Coors Light? You might as well drink some water at that point. :p

I'd add:

2009 Mazda 6
CX-7 & CX-9
2007 Chevy Venture
Every Nissan after 2003
Every Honda after 2007.

wsoape281 08-12-2009 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 96391)
New editions:

PT cruiser
Crossfire
New Srt-4 calibur

agreed.

93greenstrat 08-13-2009 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1 (Post 96368)

And, you forgot the Honda Element, The Scion xB, the "New" Beetle, almost anything French or Russian, etc.

You can add the Nissan Cube to that list.

virgin1 08-13-2009 11:17 AM

Agreed!! THAT is one butt-ugly car.

BRIAN MP5T 08-13-2009 01:07 PM

The F-117 is ****ing ugly too..

I want the Mazda 3 2010 to DIE!

BlaznLow 08-16-2009 05:41 PM

im surprised no one said the pontiac aztec

virgin1 08-16-2009 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by BlaznLow (Post 96684)
im surprised no one said the Pontiac Aztek

You read my mind!! I never posted it but saw one the other day on the road and thought it a perfect candidate for this thread.
Didn't Chevy have it's own version of this disaster too? 'Can't remember what they called that one.

VB 08-17-2009 01:00 PM

I don't remember Chevy ever putting its name on an Aztek clone.

jaimie08mazda3 08-21-2009 10:12 PM

new addition Travis's 2005 autotragic mazda3 :D :D. but in all seriousness 2006-present honda ****vics, aztecs, vw beetle, FJ cruiser (FJ means f**king joke lol),

Tracker 08-21-2009 11:00 PM

o haha jamie but a few things you forgot thats not my year and the 07-09 have more recalls/tsb than the 04 models so :P.

And yes i have been pretty astounded on how ugly these cars are getting, there is a difference between new age style and just plain fugly and its not even just the style sometime the quality is just downright laughable. Just one example is the quality if the paint....its bad enough if your car aint black the body color wont match the bumpers and its like ONE freaking coat of clear...its just sad.

CKeffer 09-09-2009 08:52 PM

Azteks, oh dear god why? Seriously, what the hell were they on when they let that thing roll out of the factory?

sstlaure 09-10-2009 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by VB (Post 96382)
You could buy a decent beemer for that cash.

Yeah...but can you get a 365hp AWD Beemer for that price? The SHO pulls 0-60 in ~5.2 seconds and is in the 13's in the quarter mile. The performance you get is a deal at that price. Base price on the 2010 Taurus is around $25K, same as the outgoing model. The SHO is an incredible car.

I disagree about the 2010 Mustang on that list as well. I like the updated styling. (Especially in GT500 trim.)

sstlaure 09-10-2009 09:06 AM

The other GM Aztec close was the Buick Rendevous. Equally as ugly and pitiful from a driver's standpoint (my Mother-in-law has one)

Tracker 09-15-2009 12:38 PM

I put the 2010 mustang up there is because they tried to put the new challenger front end on it with a pony on it and the rear is just wrong all wrong, pretty much the boxy style mustangs dont follow the org style which was way better...and thats comming from some1 who hates stangs, also i think its s joke that they put out the v6 stangs haha its not a real stang unless it has a v8.

As for the SHO its also a dissapointment, a classmate that has the older one was going to look into buying one went to a local dealership and he said he was dissapointment, stating the SHO looked like a lowered minivan and it was just too bulky.

VB 09-15-2009 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by sstlaure (Post 98162)
Yeah...but can you get a 365hp AWD Beemer for that price? The SHO pulls 0-60 in ~5.2 seconds and is in the 13's in the quarter mile. The performance you get is a deal at that price. Base price on the 2010 Taurus is around $25K, same as the outgoing model. The SHO is an incredible car.

You could get a 335 for about two grand more. I know the Taurus has 65 more HP and AWD, but come on...no manual? I don't like Beemers in general, but I would have to go with the 335 for that kind of cash, for a car in that kind of class.

vlstellato 09-15-2009 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by tracker (Post 96315)
i cannot condone the purchase of vehicles that are harmful to the eyes. These cars are offenders of said statement and are in no particular order. Optical vision upon these vehicles can cause some of the following: Lose of vision, diarrhea, vomiting, unability to control the urge to run vehicle off the road, and the worst is saying "well its growing on me" try to stay with vehicles years 98 and up and cars that are stock.

Newer miatas (stock ones)
2010 mazda 3 and speed3
2010 ford mustang
2009 ford focus
2010 lincoln mkt
2009 mercury xc70
2009 honda civic mugen
2010 honda insight
toyota prius (all years)
2010 acura rl, tl, tsx, rdx
chevy aveo, hhr (all years)
2009 kia rio
2010 kia soul
hyundai accent (all years)
hyundai tiburon (older than 08)

nobody listed the new smart car!!!!!!!!!!

Tracker 09-15-2009 08:25 PM

did we say yaris yet? cuz if not its also added

petroxg 09-16-2009 10:29 PM

Wow lots of hater for 2010 Mazda3. I agree with most of the cars mentioned here except for 2010 Mustang and 2010 Mazda3. Yea you heard that right, I actually like the 2010 Mazda3. And yes I have see them in person every single day cuz 2 of my neighbors got one and I actually been in them. Just my taste.

As for 2010 Mustang, I don't think is ugly enough to make us puke. Is not great, but is not horrible either. I m no fan Mustang, but I don't think it bad enough to be in the list.

I so agree with all the Acura new fugly grill. I have a 07 Acura TL, boy am I glad I bought that one instead of the new 2010 TL.

What I think should be added to the list are everysingle models there is of Toyota and Honda. I hate to say this, but I am seeing the downfall of Toyota and Honda for the next decade if they don't get their act together soon. They both sure are losing touch with their car design, nothing but fugly cars and SUV coming out from them these days.

sstlaure 09-16-2009 10:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 98377)
I put the 2010 mustang up there is because they tried to put the new challenger front end on it with a pony on it and the rear is just wrong all wrong, pretty much the boxy style mustangs dont follow the org style which was way better...and thats comming from some1 who hates stangs, also i think its s joke that they put out the v6 stangs haha its not a real stang unless it has a v8.

As for the SHO its also a dissapointment, a classmate that has the older one was going to look into buying one went to a local dealership and he said he was dissapointment, stating the SHO looked like a lowered minivan and it was just too bulky.

Not sure what he was looking at to call the SHO a lowered minivan. It's definitely a big car - bigger than the competition. The Fusion competes with Camry/Accord - this is meant to be larger than those. I was in Chicago Assembly yesterday admiring the SHO.

I admit I wasn't a fan of the 2010 Mustang taillights, but they've grown on me. It looks especially sweet in Shelby GT500 trim.

Tracker 09-17-2009 12:20 PM

If you go on the Ford website the first pic shown of the SHO from that angle looks like a lowered minivan. But thats not the point, from i what i was told by people who went and test drove the vehicle there response was "i was a little let down" they stated that the car was way to big, the interior was nice but they just described it as a wanna be luxury car, the two people i talked to that got to take one on a circuit track stated that the AWD was needed since the car swayed so much. As for the power it just felt boring, there was a low or mid range kick they expected which isnt a really bad but it just felt slow and sluggish.

As for the 2010 Mustang i put it up there is because what people wanted it to represent it did not, as far as the base models go.

The 2010 Mazda3 definitly belongs on this list due to the numerious flaws it is, the whole "areodynamics" bs they tried to push on us is a joke, would someone like to explain to me how something that is bulkier and heavier better? And dont even get me started on the interior of it, basically the whole car is a mix and match of many other cars inside and out, the only thing thats on there that does not like a part from another car is the front end.....which is the worst part.

CKeffer 09-17-2009 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by vlstellato (Post 98393)
nobody listed the new smart car!!!!!!!!!!

That's cause we try to ignore their existence....though I gotta admit a super smart would be a hoot to drive once.

vlstellato 09-17-2009 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by CKeffer (Post 98484)
That's cause we try to ignore their existence....though I gotta admit a super smart would be a hoot to drive once.

Not only are they UGLY but there are also a DEATH TRAP! A friend of mine went to buy one when gas prices got near the $4 dollar mark and you wouldn't believe the waiting list was a year out, people where also paying above retail for these cars.

CKeffer 09-17-2009 07:41 PM

honestly, they are utterly pointless. The Nissan versa gets better gas mileage, has more power, has a back seat, has a trunk, AND is cheaper...only problem is, its still ugly.

VB 09-17-2009 09:08 PM

And so, Cameron, to you I introduce my solution...

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/_/P/ag_06focus_zx3r.jpg

petroxg 09-17-2009 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by sstlaure (Post 98463)
Not sure what he was looking at to call the SHO a lowered minivan. It's definitely a big car - bigger than the competition. The Fusion competes with Camry/Accord - this is meant to be larger than those. I was in Chicago Assembly yesterday admiring the SHO.

I admit I wasn't a fan of the 2010 Mustang taillights, but they've grown on me. It looks especially sweet in Shelby GT500 trim.

I agree with you. I don't see how SHO is a lowered minivan. And the 2010 Mustang taillights does look kind of cool, but the front is still kind of ugly though.

Speaking of the new Fusion, I think it is better than both Camry/Accord in almost every way. For all I know is they are selling like water. I m tired of seeing all these ugly Camry/Accord everywhere I go, is about time we get some variety on the road.

petroxg 09-17-2009 10:57 PM

This is also a little kind of off the league. But I think the most ugly sport car I have ever seen is PORCHE. OMG those cars have the same exact shape design since my grandpa generation or something. I know PORCHE 911 is like legendary when it comes to performance and handling, but I just can't see the fact how the hell all these rich ppl love the ass-backward shape car? Get a lamborghini or Ferari or anything else, why this ugly ass car.

sstlaure 09-18-2009 07:13 AM

Fusion is selling very well...unfortunately still not at Camry/Accord volumes yet.

And tracker.....SHO 0-60 is in the low 5 second range with the 1/4 mile in high 13's.....that's slow - especially for a 4300lb car? The SHO is definitely a luxury car...the content and the price show that. Yes it's a new market for the Taurus (known forever as a rental fleet car) but this new one does the job well. I have a feeling your buddy that drove the SHO is coming from a Honda. Just a hunch.

The Smart car is pointless - as stated earlier there are bigger cars that get better mileage that don't look like an oversized roller-skate. (The Chevy Aveo is the same way - even the Cobalt gets better mileage.) Or even the Honda Fit which gets worse mileage than a Focus....I can't wait for the Fiesta to get here in the States.

sstlaure 09-18-2009 07:14 AM

Gotta disagree with you there Petro.....I loves me a Carrera 4

shipo 09-18-2009 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by petroxg (Post 98511)
This is also a little kind of off the league. But I think the most ugly sport car I have ever seen is PORCHE. OMG those cars have the same exact shape design since my grandpa generation or something. I know PORCHE 911 is like legendary when it comes to performance and handling, but I just can't see the fact how the hell all these rich ppl love the ass-backward shape car? Get a lamborghini or Ferari or anything else, why this ugly ass car.

As an Engineer I heartily subscribe to the notion that "Form follows Function". Like it or don't, the 911 and its offspring follow that design philosophy as well or better than any car on the road; love it or hate it, it makes no matter, the car still does its appointed job (i.e. go fast in a relatively safe and controlled manner) exceedingly well. Personally I think the design is a testament to good engineering and have applauded Porsche for their focus and attention to detail regarding these cars.

Oh, I forgot to mention; I love the look of the 911 et-al. ;)

CKeffer 09-18-2009 02:11 PM

I fail to see how this

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/1115...orsche-GT3.jpg

could be construed as being ugly. Different strokes and all that I suppose.

sstlaure 09-18-2009 02:40 PM

I couldn't agree more CKeffer. Damn sexy.

CKeffer 09-18-2009 04:51 PM

There is one, a GT3 as in the pic, that comes out to the autox regularly here in Houston that is outfitted with a borla exhaust system and my god does that car sound wonderful.

petroxg 09-18-2009 08:10 PM

Haha, I guess you guys have different taste than me, what really get to me about the car is the rear, I can't stand the rear shape of porche. I m not doubting or arguing about the performance of porche at all. It is the best among the league. No question about it. Is just that the rear shape of porche really really get to my nerve. Everytime I see that shape it just remind me of a human squatting with ass sticking out (too much imagination on my end, but I can't help it but seeing that image)..lol sorry, don't mean to offend any of you. I guess my taste of car design is very different compare to the most of u here. Please don't take it personally.

CKeffer 09-18-2009 09:26 PM

Like I said, to each their own. If everybody liked the same thing, then things would be quite boring.

VB 09-18-2009 10:25 PM

"Oh, it appears Richard Hamond has arrived in his Volkwagen Beetle!"