Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Boy am I in trouble!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:46 AM
Default Boy am I in trouble!!

Don't know why I am posting this but you all seem to be part of my family any more so will ask for a little help here.
Background is this. My fiance is a former hairstylist and is impecable about her hair and mine as well. She trims her hair at least every other day and I'm somewhat in the doghouse if I don't notice the 1/16" she managed to trim off here and there when she does. Anyway, mine has been getting kind of long and unruly and she had not had a chance to trim up as we have been busy and now she has spent the last week up in Portland with her Granddaughter and I have been at home and working. Left the car up there and came back by bus last weekend so she could keep the van and need to travel back up this weekend to ride back with her so she won't be afraid of the trip. Thought that I would go ahead and trim back the hair a bit as I was tired of the Bozo ramps jumping off the top of the ears. What an error that was!! No wonder Hair Stylists charge so much. I trimmed on the right side and then tried to match to the left and make the back area work as well for a good 45 minutes. When I got done it looked like some maniac had attacked me with a weedwhacker and I had used the top of my head in self defense!! I made the decision to cut my losses (pardon the pun) and use my beard trimmer to just even everything out. My hair is now less then 1/2 long across the entire length of my head. Highest setting on the shaver seemed good untill it slipped down to #5 spot without telling me and had to redo the whole thing. beard is at #2. What the hell am I going to tell her for why my hair is like it is??? She is gona kill me when I get up there tomorrow. I told her on the phone that I was going to 'trim my bangs a bit to get the hair out of my eyes' and she responded with 'I love your hair kind of long because it makes you look outdoorsy'. If that is the case then I now look like a teletubby!!!Any ideas??? Any reports of breakins in your area where they chopped off your hair in a neat and orderly fashion and then dashed out the window?? Anything??HELP!!!!!!!!

One interesting note that I failed to mention: I never realized that my ears were that damn big and stuck out that far.

Old 04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Default RE: Boy am I in trouble!!

Im not a hair expert but i could give you some suggestions on what to tell her *cough*

1)Tell her that you was thinking of how much she works on your hair that you did not want to bother her and tried to do it yourself, but ended up realizing that she is the only one who can make your hair look nice

2)Tell her that you wanted to try cutting your hair by yourself so you would not have to bother her but realized that your not that good at it (duh)

Thats all i got for you bud im all tapped out cuz im sick but hope this helps

Old 04-22-2006, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

Im not a hair expert but i could give you some suggestions on what to tell her *cough*

1)Tell her that you was thinking of how much she works on your hair that you did not want to bother her and tried to do it yourself, but ended up realizing that she is the only one who can make your hair look nice

2)Tell her that you wanted to try cutting your hair by yourself so you would not have to bother her but realized that your not that good at it (duh)

Thats all i got for you bud im all tapped out cuz im sick but hope this helps

damn, if i ever mess up something... you are going to be my go-to guy to get me out of the "doghouse" haha!

Old 04-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Tracker, thats some good stuff right there!

Old 04-22-2006, 11:01 PM

Wow thanx guys, but i hope this helps babyhuey out a little, and btw i decided to make that post my 1000th one, so it kinda special

Old 04-22-2006, 11:59 PM

I think you might need to invest in a Flowbee to keep in a secret location! For just in this instance you can just pull it out and hook it up to the vacuum, and go.

I've never kept my hair long. As a matter of fact, I just had it cut yesterday with a #1 all over.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:20 AM

Tell her it's a bitch trying to cut your hair while looking in a mirror. go right...no left....

I'm sorry, but your story made me laugh. Hair grows back...Maybe shave it shiny and dress up like Mr. Clean for a little role-play.....

Old 04-23-2006, 01:15 AM

E-mail her this link to show that you care and were considerate to her feelings and that she will always be the one to cut your hair forever and that you love her more than anyhting in the world. good luck with this man.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:54 PM

how did everything turn out babyhuey? bet things worked out smoothly for ya!

Old 04-23-2006, 11:59 PM

yea, keep us updatd my friend!

Quick Reply: Boy am I in trouble!!