Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

The bad news about my 323

Old 05-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Default The bad news about my 323

Ok so just ever one knows I have a little 1992 323 4cly. 1.6 stadard trans.

Well Thursday night around 10:00 I was in the right hand left turn lane. the one where you can eather trun left or go strait. Ok well the guy who was in the left turn only lane kept going strait and ended up hitting me on my drivers side door and rear panle. It was so hard that it pushed the door all the way in but hard enough to put some good bumper sized dents in to the door and make me skidd a few feet. lucly the cops where only a light away.

But no one was hurt, only my car and a slight bump on my head from hitting the door frame.

So I am trying to get the insurance company out to look at it but they don't work weekends. So hopefully on Monday I can get the out to take a look at it and see what they can do.

I was just wondering what I should do in this situation. Remember I am only 19 year old "kid" so I haven't been to experiacned in dealing with this kind of situation. I have been in a few accidents befor but all befor where my fault. I just wanted to know how do I make sure I am not getting screwed on this and what is the best way to go about this.

1. I have gotten all of the other guys info.
2 I have contacted my insurance (geico) and given them all of the infomation that they needed and told them what happend.
3. Still waited to talk to my clamins person to get them to come out and take a look at my car.
4. haven't wash or touched the damaged area.
5 trying to find some film so I can take pictures today.

any thing else I should know?

thanks.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Default RE: The bad news about my 323

That S.O.B. raising a 19 y/os insurance evn more than it is. Well if the caps saw it then they know you were not at fault. It's good that you want to get pictures, you've done everyhting right so far. Good luck with that man.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:13 PM

lol yeah tell me about it. but thanks any way.

Just trying to make sure I get this handled right.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:34 PM

The worst part is that most likely the car will be considered totalled by the insurance, I hate to say it. [>:] You can take pics of it if you wish for memories. From what i remember dealing with insurance from working at a dealer, if the damage reaches 70% of the total value of the car it is totalled. I'm sure this car is worth way more to you than just a simple dollar figure , but that is how insurance deals with it. If it is determined to be the other guys fault, most likely the insurance company will issue you a check for the value of the car at the time of the loss, and not fix it. I have known friends that have been through this, my cousin too. He has a 92 Toy Corolla and was damaged on the Rf door and fender. The ins considered it totalled and gave him a check. All he did was to replace the strut and tie rod and he still drives it today with the wrecked fender and door. This happened to him about 3 yrs ago.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:52 AM

thats really messed up man, hope you and your 323 are ok (as in, the car is not really totaled) it sucks being young and getting into a accident the insurence loves this kinda crap, if the guy calls court the other lawyer will probably try to say your fault like "the driver of the 323 was careless enough not to check if both sides were clear" or someother bs (they tried that **** on my mom, guy rear ended her and they tried to say it was her fault), good luck with this man, i dont know whats its like ive only been in close calls

Old 05-22-2006, 10:28 PM

Just talk to the cops...They can also be witnesses. Did the other driver get a written citation? Did you get a written citation as well? I have crashed two motorcycles and been in 4 accidents. Two were my fault so I know this unforntunately well...If you didnt get a written citation and the other guy did you are fine...if no one did talk to the police...They may declare it 50/50. Let me know about the citations...

Old 05-22-2006, 11:05 PM

yeah not citation was issued. I me and the other guy where give this blue forms to fill out and where told to exchange info and send them in to our insurance companies.

Crap this sucks it looks like they might just tell me the car is totalled.

I am still trying to get in to contacted with Farmers insurance to talk with them about this. I mean my car is only a 92 so theres no reason to have full covorage.

But man I really hope I can get this crap fixed.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:23 PM

damn that really sucks, cuz if the cops are called into witness they might make it seem you being the younger driver at fault, and if you is totaled and you lose at court your really screwed, but atleast you got the guys info down and the cops were around so he couldnt forge it. Let us know if they declare your car totalled, etc.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:25 PM

Did they give you any opinion at all as to whos fault it was?

Old 05-23-2006, 12:44 AM

no not really, but he was, I mean you can totally see my looking at my car and his.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The bad news about my 323