88 b2200 struggling under load - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Old 07-24-2018, 06:05 PM

Default 88 b2200 struggling under load

I recently purchased and 88 Mazda withwith a 2. 2 L in it. When I first got the pickup I noticed it would start chugging under any kind of load at all whether that be pulling a hill or anything past half throttle I took it to a friend of mine who has replaced some vacuum lines and fixed a giant vacuum leak Andre timed it. Adjusted the carburetor and it idles a lot better now and seems to run a lot better. And for the most part took away the chuggin. I took it on a small road trip on the highway today and and still it is doing it. I've checked for vacuum leaks over and over again and I can't seem to find any more. Any suggestions on where to start? Like I said it starts chugging about half throttle but once the RPMs go up pretty high to the point where it's time to shift if you put your foot in it it stops chugging. It does it really bad at lower RPMs in any in a gear.