New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Re: Posting and you. New members, please read

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 04:00 AM

Haha ))
hello , Bubs ))
Nice to meet you ))

Old 01-09-2023, 06:19 PM
Talking Newb to Forum - Had a few Mazdas

Hey everyone!

New to the Forum. LOVE the car community in all its glory. I have am on multiple forums for all my mechanical things I love to work on.
I have had or driven many Mazdas in my day. I started in my mom's 89 626 in High School, later had an' 88 323 GTX AWD Turbo... singlehandedly the best car I've ever owned and made a huge mistake selling it... Still kick myself for that. Drove my brothers Protege for a bit (the one with the 2.0L) and his 95' anniversary edition Miata for a while. He hates that he sold that car.

So I bought a '92 B2600i 4x4 off FB for $500. It is not perfect and very beat but everything is there and it actually works pretty well accept for a blown head gasket... There is a lot of "redneck" engineering going on this little truck. I bought it for my Son to use as his first car. So we tore the motor out and we are rebuilding it in the garage.

The truck just needs a lot of routine maintenance stuff, aside from the motor rebuild. So I figure its the perfect platform for the boy to learn how to "wrench" and drive what he fixed himself. Added bonus, its pretty rough so as Teenagers do, if he hits something, its no big loss.

So thanks and look forward to trading stories and tips with everyone!

Old 06-28-2023, 02:35 PM

Hello ... After decades of Jeep Cherokee ownership, starting with a 1984 year model, then 1995, 2001, 2014, 2015, to the 2019 I currently own. When I learned that Jeep has discontinued the Cherokee, which is the ideal size for my needs, I began researching other makes and models for a replacement. After many hours of reading and research, I've settled on the CX-50 Turbo Premium as the "just-right" combination of size, power, comfort and convenience. Since I had to "import" my current Cherokee from Texas, I am not surprised that local dealers do not have any CX-50s that match my list of requirements. This is not a problem, since I want to "run out" the remainder of the 100,000-mile extended warranty on my Jeep.

Rather than chase all over the U.S. for the exact CX-50 I want, I thought I would just order one. Simple, right? Not so fast! My dealer tells me that they receive shipments from Mazda only through an allocation determined by Mazda. The dealer is allowed to custom-order only certain models, and the CX-50 isn't one of them. Instead, they must enlist the aid of a "Mazda agent," who monitors the production schedule at the Huntsville plant. If/when the agent identifies a CX-50 being built to my specs, the unit can be "diverted" to my dealer, and it counts against their allocation. Apparently, nobody can predict when the CX-50 I want might unexpectedly appear in the production schedule, so I am obliged to sit and wait for a phone call from my dealer. I realize that the post-Covid world is complicated by those ever-popular "supply chain issues," but this seems like a really bizarre way to sell vehicles!

I have wondered if my dealer is treated as a "red-headed stepchild" because they are not a dedicated Mazda dealer and have only a handful of Mazdas on the lot. (This small-town dealer also sells Ford/Lincoln.) I chose this dealer because their customers love them, rather than a couple of nearby larger dealers in the city whose customers hate them. Service matters to me.

Does this Mazda-will-tell-you-what-you-can-have-and-when scenario sound legitimate? Now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm rather anxious to get my new CX-50 sooner rather than later.

p.s. I hope this is the right area to post my message. I've belonged to a Jeep Cherokee forum that apparently uses the same platform and it is equally impossible to navigate.

Old 06-28-2023, 02:41 PM

Welcome to the forum
The order and wait until one is built scenario is not only with MAZDA. I would keep in touch with your sales agent on a regular basis.