New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

The Noob

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Default The Noob

A Noob here.

Mainly coming here in hopes that someone can help me with a climate control isssue on one of my Mazdas, but since I'm here might as well just give an introduction. I am an admin on a NW Fishing Site forum, so I know how cool boards can be.

First Mazda purchased was a new 2010 Mazda 3. I forget the exact make/model, but it was the highest package available complete with the auto-dimming mirror and all the goodies. The ex-wife and I sign for it at the dealership and off we go. The ex was driving and we literally made it down the street THREE blocks before some lady in a white Chevy Blazer decided she needed to take an immediate left. From three lanes over. A hard left. Yeah, she T-boned the brand new car and me in the passenger seat! Totaled. Made it three blocks off of the lot. Long story short, her insurance company basically took the totaled car and wrote me a check for a new Mazda.

So, my second Mazda car was a brand new, hot off the lot, 2010 Mazda 3 (with all the bells and whistles), purchased a week after the first one!

Fast forward a few years, toss in a divorce, and my 3rd Mazda was a new 2014 Mazda 3 purchased in October 2013. Again, top of the line model, complete with the bigger engine, the flip up HUD, big entertainment/Nav screen, and the all the active radar goodies. I still have that Mazda and love it.

Recently, I just purchased a 2007 Mazda CX-9, Grand Touring AWD as a "third" car for a family of 8....with a couple of the kids in the family now being teenagers and driving. I'm having issues climate control issues with this Mazda, hence my real reason for being here.

Basically, the rear blower motor stays on when rear control is NOT selected. The rear blower stays on when the temp is at 60 then rear blower fan speed decreases then goes up when the temp is 80+.

The dealer suspects in a faulty front climate control board. They want $1100 to replace the board and "fix" the issue.

Been looking at the On-Lines and can't locate a Mazda climate controller board that is even remotely in this price range. I can find the *****/dial unit for approx $30, but that's it.

Any of you know of the part/board they are referring too? It obviously must be expensive, but am hoping to at least find the raw part. I have a friend who owns an auto body shop and can probably get it installed for me if I hand over the part.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Maybe just send me an email to elparquito@gmail.com

Anyways, that's my introduction!