New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie says hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:00 PM
AJG
Default Newbie says hello

I guess I'm an imposter. My wife's 9 year old Clio needed changing so after much research I ended up buying her a Mazda 2 Antares. She's delighted with it and it seems the pick of the bunch amongst the range of superminis. We tried Citroen C3. Mitsubishi Colt, Fiat Grande Punto, VW Polo, Skoda etc. ad nauseum. The Mazda 2 was the 'best of breed' for quality and value.

So it's down to ownership and let's see how it goes. I'll stick with mine and she with hers. Nothing wrong there; she just doesn't like big cars. Anyhow, nice to be here and hope to visit now and then.

Cheers

Andy G

Old 11-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Default RE: Newbie says hello

Out of curiosity....what is considered a "big" car over there. The 3 is the smallest offering for Mazda in North America (with a 2.0L engine base, 2.3L optional)

Old 11-04-2006, 01:04 PM
AJG
Default RE: Newbie says hello

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

Out of curiosity....what is considered a "big" car over there. The 3 is the smallest offering for Mazda in North America (with a 2.0L engine base, 2.3L optional)

Good point I suppose. Over here is Northern Ireland and big(ish) is a Jag. It's not my definiton but my wife's. She just won't drive it so something smaller is in order for her. Having said all that the Chrysler 3000 is starting to get popular over here and that's what I would call BIG. Drove one around Canada recently; big and handles like a barge! Still you can't have everything and the local versions of the Chrysler have different suspension tuning. Could be tempted by the Hemi but the Jag's thirsty enough thank you very much.

The Superminis are popular over here with a whole range available smaller than the 2 from Nissan, Honda, Ford, etc plus other brands like Citroen and Peugeot that you may not see in North America. Have a look at the usual web sites but with the .co.uk country domain or try this for weirdness: It looks like a wide mouth frog that got hit in the kisser with an ice hockey puck but they are popular and a good bit smaller than the Mazda 2

Peugeot 1007

Andy G