New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Default Newbie

I bought my Mazda 6 in 03 and have been looking for people to talk to that may have same issues, ideas, or anything else they would like to discuss about their Mazdas. I tried to stick to local forums, but unfortunately no one else in my town really customizes cars, especially mazdas. Like I said, I bought my Mazda in 2003. Initially it was purchased to be a show car, but with little aftermarket parts available at that time the mods took a little longer than I anticipated. Since I purchased my car I have lowered it, switched out my wheels with 18" Veloche spikes, put on an aftermarket intake, and customized my trunk, which I have to say I am pretty proud of considering I did it myself and I'm a chick. Not that many girls in my town that get interested in their cars. I was part of a local car club, participating in state wide car shows and hanging out with the guys in the garage trying to learn what I could. The only issue I have come across with my 6 is how to put in an aftermarket CD player. I really don't want to fiberglass or do an under dash mount. If anyone has any ideas I would be interested to hear about them.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Newbie

Welcome to the forums. There is a lot of great people here!

Old 12-09-2005, 11:38 PM

Welcome. I understand how you feel. people cant believe with me being a chic and all, how much we actually can know about cars and how much we can do. Sometimes I find myself helping the guys out with their cars. Sometimes it is good to be a chic and know a bit about cars, as our patience can be a handy tool, and also you notice you dont get ripped off when you go to the mechanics.

Are the Mazda 6's good cars..? I've been thinking of getting one.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:13 AM

It never hurts to know something about your car. Especially when it comes to repairs. The more you know the better. I have been there when a woman brings the car in for a repair and she is disregarded as not knowing anything about how the vehicle should operate and how it should not. Shame on them for not taking the legit problem to the hilt. You know how your car drives and know when there is something out of the norm.

Old 12-10-2005, 04:17 AM

Hot damn ! two new chicks ! No really I don't usually speak that way lol

Welcome to the family of 6's . If you wanna be part of this thread we got started by this other car chick .. eee car girl. . . no I guess car chic is cooler ... anyways come check us out and let us get to know you more also with a pic or two of you and your ride . https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_6451/tm.htm

Later girl

Old 12-10-2005, 08:00 PM

Thanks for bein so cool. A lot of places aren't that friendly to new folks. I love my 6! If I had my choice of cars, I don't think I would buy anything else. I have never had any issues with it other than my check engine light coming on after I switched out the intakes. I think that is more of a sensor thing though. I will try to get pics of my car on here in the next couple of days.